Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomyeah

Fighter Jet with good VC ?

Guest tomyeah

Hi, i came upon F-16 and Mig-29 models. The F-16 had some good wide VC but the gauges didnt lookt that sharp. The Mig-29 had some very narrow and badly textured VC.Is there any fighting jet with a good and sharp VC thats fun to fly with ? (freeware & payware)regards, tom.

Guest Rockcliffe

I highly recommend the Saab Draken by Thomas Nilsson. It's a great looking craft that is unlike any other jet I've flown in flightsim. It's a real beauty.BlairCYOW

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

Coral Flight Design F-15 v2...

Guest tomyeah

what i liked most about the F-16 was the window reflections inside the Virtual Cockpit, im missing that in the Draken and in the F-15 since it gives you this "im inside this beast"-feeling, but you can read the HUD in the F-15's VC pretty well and the 2 color mode is a nice feature.id like some RealAir VC in the Mig-29 ;) that would be awesome.thanks so far, i guess i have to keep on searching for some good jetfighter VC.

Guest LukeV

Can't go past the aerialfoundry F/A-18 Hornet. Superb model.!!

Guest JIMJAM

Aerosoft a-10,Cloud9 F-104. Be warned that once you master the tricky 104, all others seem like childs play.Both are very detailed both 2d and 3d.The FS2X F-117 stealth is incredible and a steal at $20. Nice vc with great displays.

Guest tomyeah

the cloud9 f-104 looks good. even a sonic boom, nice window reflections and good looking metal paint. thanks for the advice jimjam.

Guest CWD

>the cloud9 f-104 looks good. even a sonic boom, nice window>reflections and good looking metal paint. thanks for the>advice jimjam.If you like flying from the VC, I'd wait until Cloud9 releases the update to the F-104 with a new cockpit to get it. From what I've heard, the VC gauge refresh rate in the current F-104 is terrible.

>Hi, i came upon F-16 and Mig-29 models. The F-16 had some>good wide VC but the gauges didnt lookt that sharp. The Mig-29>had some very narrow and badly textured VC.>>Is there any fighting jet with a good and sharp VC thats fun>to fly with ? (freeware & payware)>>regards, tom.IMO, The best fighter aircraft for FS2004. Atleast as far as the fun of flying.Is a freeware.. Trust me on this.. Even the installation is a breeze. Dbl click on the EXE file and you are done.Take this for a spin...at dusk... watch the replay. If you have Active Camera.. even better.Its Daisuke Yamamoto Boeing F/A18e Hornet;)http://www.gjsmith.net/Textures/f18.htmThe real F/A16 Hornet infohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F/A-18_Hornet"During an air show demo, a Hornet is flown into a high-g pull-up. The high angle of attack causes powerful vortices to form around the edge of the leading edge extensions of the wings. These vortices cause the air over the wing to be turbulent, preventing stall and allowing the Hornet's wings to generate lift (several times the aircraft's weight in lift, actually) despite these unusually high angles of attack. This makes the Hornet capable of extremely tight turns over a large range of speeds. In this image, the vortices are so powerful that the drop in pressure experienced at their center (due to the centrifugal effect) results in a drop in temperature severe enough to condense the water in the air, making the vortex visible as white "vapes".'and you can see the vapes... in the sim model....when flown into a high-g pull-up.But the VC... hmmm... Its OK.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest tomyeah

Manny, yes i know the hornet and yes, its just "ok". its not overwhelming and not much fun somehow. if you try the mig-29 model with all the small details, effects, the brutal sounds and the nice flight model its a lot diffrent somehow.to the f-104, yes the gauge refresh rate is terrible in VC, its almost unreadable. the HUD doesnt work at all in VC, only in 2d. gladly they had this full working try out for download. i wouldnt buy it, the 7 minute flights are enough for short fun action.id just like some jetfighter with good VC (photorealistic), with window reflections so that it looks nice with trackIR. guess i have to stay with the f-16, the effect and sound addons make it quite usable apart from the crazy roll performance.