Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

This is a weird one...

Something new cropped up in my P3Dv4 system.

My keyboard is inoperative when I get into an aircraft after starting up the sim.  My Saitek and all the buttons work, but not the keyboard keys.

I discovered that if I do a CTL-ALT-DEL, start the Task Manager, and then close it the keyboard starts working.

Ever heard of this?  Any ideas?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Noel, I have suffered that issue once, and the only cure I found at the time was to delete  Standard.xml and let P3D rebuild a new one. Found in %APPDATA% Roaming/LM/P3D control folder. It means losing your settings though.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks Wilbury.  I'll give that a try.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Well, that didn't work either Wilbury.  Guess I'll have to keep searching.

Noel

8 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Well, that didn't work either Wilbury.  Guess I'll have to keep searching.

Noel

It sure is. Maybe try a different USB port ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Travelling_Wilbury , you will never lose your settings if you export them... in any bad event you can import them and you are done...

Menu>options>controls ..at the bottom export or import.. the save file goes to C:\Users\YOUR_ID\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

Jorge

17 minutes ago, aeronauta said:

Travelling_Wilbury , you will never lose your settings if you export them... in any bad event you can import them and you are done...

Menu>options>controls ..at the bottom export or import.. the save file goes to C:\Users\YOUR_ID\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

Jorge

Thanks for that tip Jorge.

Problem fixed!  If I live to be 150 years old (I'm 83 now) I will never figure out how all this stuff works.

Yesterday a friend sent me the Object Flow 2 Open Beta to install so I could begin installing all the Orbx airport sceneries for the full FAT regions.

After I installed it my problem was gone.  My keyboard works now as soon as I bring up P3Dv4,

Gi figure.  The parallel universe of Orbx works in mysterious ways.

Noel

• Upvote 2