Sign in to follow this  
Javiz

What's up with SOH ?...

I can't seem to get on the SOH ( sim-outhouse.com ) forums anymore during the last couple days. Does anyone know what's going on ? Are they possibly hacked again ?....

Thanks for any enlightment !

Jan

Hi Jan,

I was just there 10 minutes ago and everything is fine. Just make sure you aren't using sim-outhouse.net address www.sim-outhouse.net  or an old link in your browser or favourites/bookmarks, double-check the address you are using.
The correct address uses .com   www.sim-outhouse.com as you have it above in your OP  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forum.php login when you get there.

I've been there a few times over the last few days, and have posted an issue, and gotten helpful responses. Everything seems fine to me.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Remarkable.....  Thanks Jethro !

Still the same. When i click the .com link in your post: "this site is not available".  ( err_connection_timed_out ). The same when i click the forum link.  Has been like this for 2 days now.

I use Chrome but have IE as well. Tried with IE, no change.... Deactivated my firewall security, no change...

If i try  www.sim-outhouse.net i get on it alright. But that's the 'Flight Center', not the forums. There's a link to the forum on this page. When i click it i get to a backup forum that doesn't show the main forums. From there i can send a message to an administrator though so i just did that. 

Thanks much again for your help, Jethro ! :cool:

Cheers,
Jan  

Jan

1 minute ago, AviatorMan said:

I've been there a few times over the last few days, and have posted an issue, and gotten helpful responses. Everything seems fine to me.

Thanks AM ! See post above..  :gaul:

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

I've been getting intermittent "server busy - try later" messages, usually late (after midnight) my time, so probably during your morning.  They typically clear a couple of hours later.  Might be a server glitch or a capacity issue.  It's working fine for me as of the moment.

Hello Jan,

Please don't disable your firewall, it is the one anti-viral device essential for your secure passage through the internet. Although Firewall protocols can block or be misconfigured (but rarely), your firewall settings should be default as set by your Internet Security, they will be unchanged unless you have manually altered them.

I wonder if it might be worthwhile clearing your "Browser Cache/s" from the "OS Control Panel" "Internet Options" icon.
If you go to the OS Start Menu > Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab > Select Delete button > Uncheck "Preserve Favourite Website Data" > then Click the Delete button at the bottom. 
This will clear out the Cache for your default browser as well as any other third-party browsers you might have. Depending on the number of browsers installed, you will see several progress indicators on your taskbar, as each cache is cleared they will disappear from the taskbar. Wait for the process to finish, then re-enable "Preserve Favourite Website Data" check option.
Afterwards go to SOH http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forum.php and login, you may need to acknowledge saved Login Credentials for your browser once more, and for any of your Forum and other sites that require login on your next visit.

Thanks guys !  :cool:

@ Tim, great tip about Opera, with VPN activated i'm on the SOH forums again. Thanks much, mate !  ;-) The price is that it's quite a bit slower than my default Chrome browser. In email contact with one of the admins so i hope he can get me back in with my normal browser. In the meantime i'm enjoying the Opera, thanks a lot again, Tim !

@ Alan, yes i know those messages very well too. But this is something clearly different. It happend after i tried to chance something in my profile. Must've done something wrong inadvertedly and now the SOH server doesn't like my IP  address anymore. Something like that.... 

@ Jethro, thanks for the tips ! No, i love my firewall, don't worry. ;-) And you might be very right that clearing my browser's cache will solve the problem but i'd rather wait for the SOH admin to solve it at 'the other side'. I will loose all my auto enter stuff if i clear the cache, won't i..... Besides flightsims i love trainsims, racesims, shipsims, and whatnotsims as well.... :biggrin:

I can always do that if really necessary, in the mean time, thanks again for trying to help me out, Jeff ! 

Cheers,
Jan

Jan

All's back to normal thanks to the SOH admin.

Thanks again for your help, gents, highly appreciated !  :cool:

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

I enjoy SOH and the people who post there, but sometimes their server is really slow, sometimes it is unavailable due to too many people trying to use it, server scans and updates or denial of service attacks.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 8/16/2017 at 10:12 PM, Jethro said:

Please don't disable your firewall, it is the one anti-viral device essential for your secure passage through the internet. Although Firewall protocols can block or be misconfigured (but rarely), your firewall settings should be default as set by your Internet Security, they will be unchanged unless you have manually altered them.

While I recommend having and using a software firewall, this statement is not true.  Many issues with connectivity can be caused by a misconfigured firewall (though apparently not this one) and firewalls reconfigure and update themselves all the time even without manual intervention.  Even then, your software firewall is only a backup.  the firewall in your router, combined with the security provided by your router's use of NAT is the most important.  and none of it is effective at all if the user insists on terrible web surfing habits.  disabling firewall temporarily is often a necessary troubleshooting step.  Your security is first and foremost a function of the part between the chair and the keyboard, then by your router, and then by your AV/firewall suite.