Sign in to follow this  
Isaac Toh

777 Defaults to Cold & Dark After Loading Saved Flight

Hi all, I am encountering the problem whereby after loading a save free flight of my 777-300ER in FSX:SE, the flight defaulted to Cold and Dark status. 

I am using FSX:SE and doing free flight with the 777-300ER. During the initial set up, I have set the start-up status to Cold and Dark and it has been doing fine. I was able to save my flight in the midst of flying, loaded and resumed the flight successfully. 

Recently, I encountered some issues with Windows 10 and did a re-format and re-install of all programs. Did my first flight with the 777 after re-formatting, everything ran fine. I saved my flight and hours later when I loaded the same flight, it started up cold and dark, as if it was on the ground. It wasn't like this prior to the re-format. I tried to start up the flight and the flight plan was no longer in the FMC. This issue didn't resolved when I quit and restart FSX:SE and re-load the same flight. 

I uninstalled FSX:SE and the 777 add-on several times but the issue persisted. This means I can't do a long haul flight without saving. Loading the saved flight would cause me to loss all the flight progress. 

Not sure if I miss out any setting during the set up. Hope you guys can advise and enlighten me. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, dreamer_toons said:

Hope you guys can advise and enlighten me. Thanks. 

Welcome to the forum. Please note that full names - first and last are required in your posts here.

As far as the issue goes, sounds a lot like you're not running the sim as an administrator, and it's not saving the files properly as a result.

Kyle Rodgers

On ‎16‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:02 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Welcome to the forum. Please note that full names - first and last are required in your posts here.

As far as the issue goes, sounds a lot like you're not running the sim as an administrator, and it's not saving the files properly as a result.

You mean indicating my name in the signature? 

I'm running the FSX:SE as administrator but the issue still persists. 

It seems like when I load the saved flight from the FSX:SE menu, the flight is loaded as if it is on the ground with the gear down. 

I realized that in my FMC under the Panel State Load, there is a named as my saved flight. I loaded that and the planned flight plan is loaded correctly. 

However, this wasn't supposed to be prior to the reformat and re-install. Everything loaded correctly from the FSX:SE menu before this. 

Appreciate your valuable advice. 

10 hours ago, Issac Toh said:

You mean indicating my name in the signature? 

That, or manually typing it in to the body of your post.

10 hours ago, Issac Toh said:

I'm running the FSX:SE as administrator but the issue still persists. 

It seems like when I load the saved flight from the FSX:SE menu, the flight is loaded as if it is on the ground with the gear down. 

I realized that in my FMC under the Panel State Load, there is a named as my saved flight. I loaded that and the planned flight plan is loaded correctly. 

However, this wasn't supposed to be prior to the reformat and re-install. Everything loaded correctly from the FSX:SE menu before this. 

Appreciate your valuable advice. 

I'm confused by your narrative here. Did you resolve the issue or not? At first, it doesn't sound like it, but later on, it sounds like you solved it...that or you might not be understanding how the functions work?

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

That, or manually typing it in to the body of your post.

I'm confused by your narrative here. Did you resolve the issue or not? At first, it doesn't sound like it, but later on, it sounds like you solved it...that or you might not be understanding how the functions work?

My apology for the confusion. Let me try to be more concise. 

I have created a free flight (with Cold & Dark as my start up status) and flying half-way when I decided to save (file name as 777) and quit FSX:SE. 

Previously before I format my Windows OS, FSX:SE was able to load exactly where I left off earlier when I loaded this saved flight from FSX:SE menu; the flight plan in the FMC, altitude and air speed were intact and I just resumed flying without doing anything else. 

Now, this same saved flight loaded with the landing gear down and in a Cold & Dark state as if the plane is on the ground. The engines were off and losing altitude.

Thinking that I might have missed some setting during the re-installation, I looked into the Panel State Load under FMC and saw that there was a file named 777.FLT, in addition to 777 CLDDRK, 777 Default, 777 Long and 777 Short. 

This time round, I tried to load this saved flight from the FMC's instead of the FSX:SE. Everything works exactly the way I left earlier. However, I would know what have went wrong since I could load from FSX:SE and resumed flying without issue in the past. 

On a separate issue, I noticed that the RAAS voice output "approaching runway xx" and 'on runway xx" is missing as well. 

Hope this is clearer.

Hi Isaac & Kyle,

I actually just made a thread in the 747 forum for the exact same sequence of events and the exact same problem, and after reading this I decided to try the 777 as well, and I get the same there too (also using FSX:SE.) I too can load the saved panel state through the FMC, but this isn't correct behavior (it should load the panel state along with the flight load so that AP holds steady flight etc.)

I just tried a MD-11 flight to triple check that it's not some sim-wide issue, and there it works fine.

Molly Norris

edit: Just ran a test with the NGX, and that is loading the panel state from a saved flight as it should. So this is confined to the 777 and 747.

Hi All,

Just to confirm I also have this problem when saving a 777 flight during level flight and saving the flight via the FSX menu. Was not able to reload the flight correctly and get back to the previously saved position with the AP on after rebooting the PC and restarting FSX.

I never tried loading flight from the FMC. I will try this now.

Regards

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

9 hours ago, molleh said:

Hi Isaac & Kyle,

I actually just made a thread in the 747 forum for the exact same sequence of events and the exact same problem, and after reading this I decided to try the 777 as well, and I get the same there too (also using FSX:SE.) I too can load the saved panel state through the FMC, but this isn't correct behavior (it should load the panel state along with the flight load so that AP holds steady flight etc.)

I just tried a MD-11 flight to triple check that it's not some sim-wide issue, and there it works fine.

Molly Norris

edit: Just ran a test with the NGX, and that is loading the panel state from a saved flight as it should. So this is confined to the 777 and 747.

2 hours ago, aldridgem said:

Hi All,

Just to confirm I also have this problem when saving a 777 flight during level flight and saving the flight via the FSX menu. Was not able to reload the flight correctly and get back to the previously saved position with the AP on after rebooting the PC and restarting FSX.

I never tried loading flight from the FMC. I will try this now.

Regards

Mark

Thanks for the replies.

I tried to google for the cause or solution to this issue, but there was no specific information on it. 

I guess we have to load the saved flight from the FMC for the time being.