Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Electronic PDF Chart reader for PMDG 777

I came across and notice something unique about this plane and that it had an EFB which I never seen in a PMDG 777 before. Does anyone know how this is done? Could it be some add-on?

Screen_Shot_2017-08-16_at_5.19.44_AM.png

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Screen_Shot_2017-08-16_at_5.24.08_AM.png

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think that's the CS version. So no it's not an addon.

The EFB I use for the 777 is called ipad with navigraph maps. It works for all aircraft ;) 

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

No it's not the Captain Sim version, that plane is clearly a PMDG 777-300.

Stefan, yes I finally fixed it. :)

ok you know best.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Nyxx said:

ok you know best.

These screenshots were captured from an actual PMDG 777-300 in flight tutorial video. The sarcasm isn't necessary.

It was not Sarcasm, it was a statement.

• Upvote 1

As far as I know, the CS 777 EFB is sort of its own module plugged into the aircraft so it should be possible to port it over and that EFB (if you want to call it that) is definitely ported from CS into PMDG. However, the CS 777 isn't yet compatible with v4 and I don't have any PMDG for P3D so I can't experiment with this. I don't even know if this forum allows you to share such procedures with all the legal banter that would follow it.

Could you link that video? I still think it's the Captain Sim version, to be honest... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just now, krazyk said:

As far as I know, the CS 777 EFB is sort of its own module plugged into the aircraft so it should be possible to port it over and that EFB (if you want to call it that) is definitely ported from CS into PMDG. However, the CS 777 isn't yet compatible with v4 and I don't have any PMDG for P3D so I can't experiment with this. I don't even know if this forum allows you to share such procedures with all the legal banter that would follow it.

Are you sure about this?? Doesn't that require some kind of editing of the VC model in the PMDG 777?

Which, as far as I know, isn't possible...

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Just now, Anders Bermann said:

Are you sure about this?? Doesn't that require some kind of editing of the VC model in the PMDG 777?

Which, as far as I know, isn't possible...

You're right. I believe the PMDG VC would require some kind of mapping so the sim knows that an instrument can be placed there so it may not be entirely possible which then begs the question.. if that screen was captured from a video, how did the person do it? The VC looks fairly detailed to be from CS. The colors somehow make me think it's a PMDG VC.

6 minutes ago, krazyk said:

You're right. I believe the PMDG VC would require some kind of mapping so the sim knows that an instrument can be placed there so it may not be entirely possible which then begs the question.. if that screen was captured from a video, how did the person do it? The VC looks fairly detailed to be from CS. The colors somehow make me think it's a PMDG VC.

It does indeed look like the VC of the PMDG... but on the other hand I haven't spend that much time in the CS 777. 
I doubt that this screenshot is from a PMDG 777 - but if the OP insists it is... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

45 minutes ago, captain420 said:

PMDG 777-300 in flight tutorial video

Does the Tutorial Video actually state it is a PMDG 777-300ER being used in that Tutorial, because as Nyxx has pointed out, AFAIK, PMDG never implemented an EFB? Look back on previous threads as this same subject was brought up, and PMDG stated that they would not model it.

Here