Sign in to follow this  
JJJackson

Moving scenery crashes program, unactivating not working.

Hi

As this seemed to be an interesting program I downloaded and installed it. At the top I could se 4 of my airports installed in P3D v4 via the .xml-method. I marked one of them and tried to move it down, but as soon as I clicked the down-button, the program crashed. So after a restart I un-activated them and saved and got the message "saved". So I closed the program and restarted it and...... the 4 entries were activated again!

Jack

the Swede in Spain

5 hours ago, JJJackson said:

Hi

As this seemed to be an interesting program I downloaded and installed it. At the top I could se 4 of my airports installed in P3D v4 via the .xml-method. I marked one of them and tried to move it down, but as soon as I clicked the down-button, the program crashed. So after a restart I un-activated them and saved and got the message "saved". So I closed the program and restarted it and...... the 4 entries were activated again!

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Hello Jack,

Can't say that I have heard that one before. Which version of the P4AO were you using? Are you running it as administrator?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Latest version and running it as adm, no UAC or antivirus, have all rights to read/write to all directories.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Hello Jack,

very odd. Just tried it myself with the 1.12, no issues whatsoever.

Did you get an error message of some kind when the program crashed? Normally there should be a window telling you that it stopped working, and offer a stacktrace.

If you want, make a backup of your config files (last tab on the P4AO) and send the resulting ZIP file to me via email. Address is on the last page of the manual. I can check the files for you, see if there is something special about them.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi

After restart of my PC I can now move the xml-scenerys, but I still can not deactivate them. After deactivating them, saving, closing the program they still show up activated when I restart Addon organizer.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

9 hours ago, JJJackson said:

Hi

After restart of my PC I can now move the xml-scenerys, but I still can not deactivate them. After deactivating them, saving, closing the program they still show up activated when I restart Addon organizer.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Does this happen for XML and scenery.cfg entries alike?

When you "Save", the tool is writing your changes, and then it clears the internal lists and reloads all files a second time from the disk. So if the entries are still disabled in the GUI after you press the "Save" button, that is their state on the disk too at that moment. Closing the tool and reopening it does not change the files, so the real question is, what is happening inbetween. Are you using some kind of backup software that might interfere?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Nope have no backup software. Let´s just forget I´m uninstalling the  program.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I'm learning the program as one is probably going to have to understand it one day and get it working as it will be a requirement for all add-ons sometime in the near future.  Maybe as early as the next P3DV4 update.   In the P3D forum I wrote a basic guide on how to add scenery using Oliver's excellent add-on organizer.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

JJJackson, it is not very productive to report an issue but then neglect to cooperate with the developer to troubleshoot the problem!

I've been using Addon Organizer for months and have had no serious issues that could not be resolved. The developer has been constantly working to improve the program and listen to feedback from its users.

• Upvote 1