Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

Aerosoft will now charge you for 'true' P3Dv4 updates....

Looks like Aerosoft is backpedaling and decided to rebrand their large Airport sceneries with a 'Professional' tag (that made me giggle) once those get a P3Dv4 treatment (introducing V4 SDK features like dynamic lighting). 

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F126204-mega-airports-for-prepar3d-v4%2F

I dont mind to pay 5 EUR for a significant update, but its not exactly what they promised....

Sounds fair to me. It's not the same software. They are updating the airports to today's standards and adding v4 features like dynamic lighting. Don't forget they will need to continually update and support these products as new increments of v4 come out so it seems very fair to me to charge a small fee.

• Upvote 4

Oh jeez, thought for a moment AS was referring to Active Sky. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I didn't see anything that smacked of gouging. If they are truly updating the scenery by adding new buildings or runways and using the new features of P3Dv4 then they're entitled to charge. If they were just changing the installer, that would be a different story.

NAX669.png

good point actually, i changed the thread title ;)

Yes, as long as those updates bring substantial changes and improvements i'm ok with a small upgrade fee. Who knows, maybe they even give up on pushing AES and go for SODE jetways

On the other hand though, Flightbeam will soon relase a completely reworked KSFO HD with P3Dv4 features free of charge...

• Upvote 2

"Professional" ... mmhmm. I roll my eyes at developers charging more for users on the Academic P3D license. It says right there in the name that it's not a professional license, but lets go ahead and charge more anyway. 

• Upvote 2

Justsim's fee is 6 euro per airport ; 5 euro are for Simmarket. They make the the installers.

Paying 5 euro for an updated airport + V4 features sound reasonable to me.

Developers giving Unlimited free updates do a lot of work , but earn nothing ...

• Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

29 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

"Professional" ... mmhmm. I roll my eyes at developers charging more for users on the Academic P3D license. It says right there in the name that it's not a professional license, but lets go ahead and charge more anyway. 

According to Mathijs, the term "professional" is not related to your license type in P3D. It just means that it will come with "professional features" (quoting aerosoft) which doesnt seem to include dual jetway operation and precise alignement as Mathijs just stated that the first few "professional" airports (like EDDF) will feature CTRL+J jetways. Its funny that AS still thinks this is something worth to be mentioned...

Very unlucky name choice for a new product line, as it will create confusion amongst academic license owners. They should rather call them "Giga Airport XXX" ;)

• Upvote 2

Yep not the best branding. It's like the naming of UT Live which isn't really live. He, but once you paper the master bedroom with Star Wars wallpaper, it's hard to admit that it was a mistake.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Woozie said:

Who knows, maybe they even give up on pushing AES and go for SODE jetways.

I hope so. I loved AES in FSX, but they have been trying to get it to work in P3D for years without success. With AES, dual and triple jetways worked fine as long as the developer configured the scenery properly.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

45 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Yep not the best branding. It's like the naming of UT Live which isn't really live. He, but once you paper the master bedroom with Star Wars wallpaper, it's hard to admit that it was a mistake.

Lol

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

2 hours ago, Woozie said:

According to Mathijs, the term "professional" is not related to your license type in P3D. It just means that it will come with "professional features" (quoting aerosoft)

Yeah, I also agree it's not the best choice of name for the product line. I mean, if it is basically an Aerosoft Mega Airport with some extra treatment for P3D v4, they could maybe instead choose a brand name like:

"Mega Airport Supreme"
"Mega Airport Deluxe VIP Version"
"Mega Airport Extra Delight Edition"

But anyway, I hope this means there will eventually be an Anchorage X Supreme Extra Delight VIP Edition for P3D v4 :)

• Upvote 4

Whatever they do I just hope they hurry up!  I'm missing EGLL and EDDF a lot in v4.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

33 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

Yeah, I also agree it's not the best choice of name for the product line. I mean, if it is basically an Aerosoft Mega Airport with some extra treatment for P3D v4, they could maybe instead choose a brand name like:

"Mega Airport Supreme"
"Mega Airport Deluxe VIP Version"
"Mega Airport Extra Delight Edition"

But anyway, I hope this means there will eventually be an Anchorage X Supreme Extra Delight VIP Edition for P3D v4 :)

I amuse myself for hours by using Google Translate to convert English to Chinese and then back again:

• Giant Airport is supreme
  • Giant airport luxury is a very important role version
  • Giant Airport Special Edition

Heh heh, the last one isn't too bad.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Paying 5 euro for an updated airport + V4 features sound reasonable to me.

Me too. 

Like we say in Dutch: "daar moet de schoorsteen van roken"