Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

ENVTEX and ASCA

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

It does not and I doubt that it ever will.

This is the primary reason why many have switched to ENVTEX.

I find that some ASCA clouds & sky textures are very nice. Most are not.

I also wish ASCA modes would work with REX 4. This would be wonderful until Skyforce is released.

Dynamic mode : different cloud textures ( up to 8 ) are being loaded along the flight according to the weather conditions 

Global mode : 1 cloud textureset is being loaded at the beginning of the flight according to that weather condition.

It only works for clouds.

People choose EnvTex because it had better looking Sky textures than ASCA.

In the mean time after several updates the ASCA Skies look way better. Luckily you can choose which Sky textures are being used : ASCA / EnvTex / ASCA + EnvTex.

See some of my vids and you will see very realistic clouds and skies...

Edited by vgbaron
Split from another thread

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

54 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Dynamic mode : different cloud textures ( up to 8 ) are being loaded along the flight according to the weather conditions 

Global mode : 1 cloud textureset is being loaded at the beginning of the flight according to that weather condition.

It only works for clouds.

People choose EnvTex because it had better looking Sky textures than ASCA.

In the mean time after several updates the ASCA Skies look way better. Luckily you can choose which Sky textures are being used : ASCA / EnvTex / ASCA + EnvTex.

See some of my vids and you will see very realistic clouds and skies...

I know how ASCA works and its limitations. I prefer REX soft clouds and some of the freeware sky textures found here:

http://1coder.ru/SKY/downloads.html

Unfortunately the user is not allowed to replace ASCA textures for freeware textures nor clouds for soft clouds so that they can be used with dynamic mode.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

17 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I know how ASCA works and its limitations. I prefer REX soft clouds and some of the freeware sky textures found here:

Unfortunately the user is not allowed to replace ASCA textures for freeware textures nor clouds for soft clouds so that they can be used with dynamic mode.

Your reply to Paul's question how ASCA interacts with Dynamic / Global " it does not" was incorrect.

It does interact...

Regarding replacing/adding other skies/ clouds ( SP1 ) :

"You can now create your own custom content and make it ASCA and AS16/ASP4 compatible with full dynamics capability, with just a few clicks of the mouse – enjoying full weather and geographic profile selection influence. Currently, Sky Color textures are supported, and more categories are planned to be added soon."

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Your reply to Paul's question how ASCA interacts with Dynamic / Global " it does not" was incorrect.

It does interact...

Thank you Gerard :)

12 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It does interact...

Regarding replacing/adding other skies/clouds it is up to Hifisimtech. They have allowed EnvTex to add Sky textures.

"I use ASCA and would be interested to know how it interacts with Dynamic and Global modes"

The answer is that REX4 does NOT interact with ASCA the way that ENVTEX does. I think that that's what Paul wants to know.

10 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Fortunately for us, this is NO LONGER correct.  Please go here >>>> 

The creator (Mamedov Gennadiy) has provided all instructions on how to do this in his JULY 22 response to this thread...

I am currently using this setup and I can assure you, my P3D skies have NEVER looked so awesome.  If you prefer to use Soft Clouds INSTEAD of ASCA clouds, simply UNCHECK the CLOUD TEXTURES in ASCA settings and ASCA will always display your SOFT CLOUDS without changing them.  Carefully follow the instructions for installing his textures into ASCA and you will be very happy with the results :biggrin:

WAT1460.png

Just now, vcarlo said:

The creator (Mamedov Gennadiy) has provided all instructions on how to do this in his JULY 22 response to this thread...

I am currently using this setup and I can assure you, my P3D skies have NEVER looked so awesome.  If you prefer to use Soft Clouds INSTEAD of ASCA clouds, simply UNCHECK the CLOUD TEXTURES in ASCA settings and ASCA will always display your SOFT CLOUDS without changing them.  Carefully follow the instructions for installing his textures into ASCA and you will be very happy with the results :biggrin:

Thanks. That's what I've done.

As I stated, ASCA will only work in Dynamic mode with it's own clouds. ENVTEX allows ASCA to inject ENVTEX textures, but the clouds are handled by ASCA. You can use Soft clouds and disable in ASCA control panel, but you will not get the variety of clouds ASCA provides.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Using this mechanism subverts the primary point of using ASCA; specifically, you won't get dynamic textures based on changing atmospheric conditions.  Instead, you just get the same textures over and over again. As stated in this thread, that's why many have switched to ENTEX....you get the best of both worlds....   

Matt King

27 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Using this mechanism subverts the primary point of using ASCA; specifically, you won't get dynamic textures based on changing atmospheric conditions.  Instead, you just get the same textures over and over again. As stated in this thread, that's why many have switched to ENTEX....you get the best of both worlds....   

I am sorry sir, but that statement is  not accurate. I have installed the 11 sets of SKY textures from Gennadly into ASCA following his EXACT instructions. I run ASCA  using the FULL DYNAMICS theme. When ASCA loads the textures it reports all SKY, CIRRUS, and CLOUD Textures injected into the sim and I can watch them change each time.  I do NOT UNCHECK any settings (sky colors, cirrus, cloud textures, cloud structures) and I do NOT get the same textures over and over again.

The other user was wanting to use REX soft clouds only.  If the USER unchecks "Cloud Textures" in ASCA, you are correct.  He will only see Soft cloud textures over and over again.  As of today, ASCA cannot change the CLOUD textures submitted by  ENVTEX.    Only SKY Textures.

I prefer using ASCA cloud textures changing with the environment and Gennadly's SKY textures changing with the conditions along with new clouds.  This is possible and I am seeing it and enjoying it.

WAT1460.png

Okay so you guys are saying that when ASCA is set to Full Dynamic mode, it's using its own ASCA's Cloud Textures and cannot use the ones from ENVTEX or any other 3rd party Cloud Textures? 

So the only textures that will work when having ASCA in Full Dynamic mode are the sky color textures?

Do you guys like ASCA's cloud textures or the ENVTEX ones?

BTW, I have rain, snow, grass, airport and water textures all OFF. I don't really like the ones in ENVTEX. Default P3D water looks much better and not as flat, and plus I lose the animated waves near the shores.

vcarlo and gsalden, could you guys please post some screenshots of your in sim setup, I would love to see what it looks like. Ever since I hopped onto the PTA+ENVTEX+ASCA+AS4 train, I'm not entirely blown away by my results. I am using the PTA Absolute Less Haze 2.52 preset from ENVTEX as well and it really makes my cockpit overly saturated which looks horrible. The rest looks pretty decent though.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Totally confused about what ASCA or ENVTEX or ASCA+ENVTEX or ASCA+ENVTEX+Mamedov Gennadiy's sky textures are doing either together or separately now..

Topic has been hijacked I guess :D

Ahmet Can

Same here, I would also like to know. I felt like I wasted money purchasing ENVTEX. I don't really care for those other textures such as airport, water, rain, snow, grass. I was interested in it mainly for the sky color textures, clouds, and ASCA/PTA Integration. But seems like you can get better results with the freeware sky package from Gennaldy. So my only question is, where does that leave ENVTEX for? I wish I could get a refund.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think what this thread proves is the total confusion that reigns, as we don't have a completely satisfactory total solution from one developer and, it seems, it's not possible to create an all encompassing hybrid from what is available. I suspect that REX SF 3D will be the point at which we might be able to make sense of all this. Meantime I'll just stick with Active Sky and ASCA for P3DV4. Unless anyone has a good suggestion? I have REX TD.

Having said all that, I do agree that ASCA has improved a lot with the updates.

• Upvote 1

So generally speaking, I'm assuming that with the latest update of ASCA, the sky colors and cloud textures are better than ENVTEX's?

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Okay so you guys are saying that when ASCA is set to Full Dynamic mode, it's using its own ASCA's Cloud Textures and cannot use the ones from ENVTEX or any other 3rd party Cloud Textures? 

So the only textures that will work when having ASCA in Full Dynamic mode are the sky color textures

If you want to use full dynamics, then you will need to enable ASCA clouds & structures if you want to see a variety of clouds.

ENVTEX works with ASCA so that the ENVTEX sky textures can be injected dynamically.

Most who use ENVTEX like the sky textures and seem to also like the ASCA clouds. They get the best of both worlds.

The freeware sky textures can be added to ASCA, and used in Full Dynamic mode. I just don't like most of the ASCA clouds. That's where I'm at.