Sign in to follow this  
navops

Tool Tips

I have had the DC-6 for a few days. I followed all the instructions in the manual to setup FSX correctly.

The problem is I don't get hardly any tool tips. For example I can hoover over the trim wheel and nothing shows. Next time it might show the trim position.

When I hover over switches and knobs I get nothing to tell me what they are or position.

Thanks

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their rules require our full names on all our posts.

Are you using a custom cursor or any 3d party program that might change the cursor?  It's been a few days and I cannot recall if the trim tool tip provides a value. I'm not sure it does because it's certainly not necessary. As for other knobs and switches I cannot guess.

Dan Downs KCRP

I only get tool tip and readings on two items the propeller control and OBS knob .....

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I just checked the trim tool tip while looking at a different item and noted the tool tip for trip appears when you hover the mouse pointer over the trim wheel, not the trim gauge, and it does provide a trim value.

Dan Downs KCRP

I was hoping and probably dreaming that, when I hover the pointer over the BMEP gauge for example, it would give me the reading or the fuel tanks etc...... :) 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I don't have any third party software running when I run the DC-6. I don't see any tool tips except the two I described and I only see them sometimes.

Doug Jackfert

I'm running in Windows 10, P3d v4 and am experiencing the same problem.  I do not have any 3rd party cursors.  

Jay Ferris

I can confirm that I have the same problem with missing tooltips. Using the DC6 on P3DV4 on Windows 7

Johan Pienaar

Johan Pienaar

Has anyone got tool tips to work at all?

Tool tips work in every other aircraft except this one.

Thanks

Doug Jackfert