Sign in to follow this  
tedpan

unable to download and install repaints from Ops Center

I've been trying to download liveries from the Ops Center for the DC-6 and am unable to complete it...  says its downloading then disappears..

The Ops Center is trying to update itself and the same thing happens. it starts then disappears..  Incomplete..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check your DC6 product version, current is 1.20.8418 and if required download update from your account at PMDG.

You can check the version in the OC or you can look in the windows control panel programs list.

Dan Downs KCRP

PRODUCT: PMDG DC-6 Lockheed Martin Prepar3D "Cloudmaster" Version: v1.20.8418

Usually related to antivirus .......disable sonar protection on OC application file ...... or disable antivirus while installing OC........

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Oh yeah, what Alaa said. There are dozens of reports of AV programs killing the OC, without warning. 

Dan Downs KCRP

Hmmmm... sorry to say.. that doesnt work either.. dont rememeber.. might've done that early on already..

In all the versions of FSim I could never get the JS41 to work ever!

at least on the DC-6 the plane itself works great!

58 minutes ago, tedpan said:

that doesnt work either.

What is that?  I assume you turned off your AV software.  Most software including Norton is still running in the background even if "turned off."  Uninstall it and the OC will run.  If your browser will open the PMDG web site home page then your OC should work.

Dan Downs KCRP

Good day,

Am having the same problem and use ESET Internet Security with both program turned off and files excluded. Not sure what else to try. 

well... the exclusion thing aint worked.. got help from the software company itself.

I've always thought it was a registry issue.. I thought I got it all.. but now.. I cant find what I need to look for?

Dont know if its related but the effing display goes black after 30 minutes or more..  as if it shareware or some kind of demo..

I've uninstalled and unregistered, re-registered.. done everything short of uninstalling P3D4

kinda hokey as everything else PMDG works just fine with the AV system in full operation.. everyone on of PMDG's planes except the DC6 on my computer..  how the hell?

13 hours ago, tedpan said:

well... the exclusion thing aint worked.. got help from the software company itself.

I've always thought it was a registry issue.. I thought I got it all.. but now.. I cant find what I need to look for?

Dont know if its related but the effing display goes black after 30 minutes or more..  as if it shareware or some kind of demo..

I've uninstalled and unregistered, re-registered.. done everything short of uninstalling P3D4

kinda hokey as everything else PMDG works just fine with the AV system in full operation.. everyone on of PMDG's planes except the DC6 on my computer..  how the hell?

Next time you fly, look up over where the first officer's head would be. There's a pressurization panel. I get that you're frustrated, but if you don't set your pressurization and fly high, you're gonna black out, and that's entirely your own doing.

Kyle Rodgers

lol,  didnt pay close attention..  thought the FO did that.. oh well

12 hours ago, tedpan said:

lol,  didnt pay close attention..  thought the FO did that.. oh well

It's admittedly a little confusing, as the AFE will call "pressurization - set," but that's simply an audio call. In the real world, he'd confirm it had been set to the planned value, but the sim obviously doesn't know what you want to set it to, so it just calls it for the completeness of the checklist.

Kyle Rodgers

and that took care of that.. lol

havent "blacked out" since!