Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Confused about Blackmarble and ORBX Vector, openLC, Global, Full Regions, etc.

Since I enjoy flying during dusk, dawn and night times because I really love night lighting. One thing that I miss from X-Plane, and now that BlackMarble is here, I'm seriously interested in this product. But the confusion still remains and I can't seem to get a clear answer of how this all works. BlackMarble consists of the Base, and the other 3 (BM Vector, AI traffic, Bridges) are optional. 

I already have Orbx Global Textures, Orbx Vector, openLC NA, EU, SA, Full Regions, Airports, etc. Now if I purchase BlackMarble, will they play nicely with my current OrbX setup? My understanding is that BlackMarble is a global night lighting replacement for the sim. So does this mean if I want to see BM in full effect then I will need to disable the road specific options in ORBX Vector? And Also, what about Orbx Full Regions? How does BM and that get along? Will I be able to see BM's night lighting in OrbX Full Regions?

Lastly, BM's AI Traffic pack. What is this exactly for, since we already have AI cars already in Prepar3D, why would this be necessary?

This is quite an expensive package, and I just want to be clear and do my research before purchasing it. If for some reason, it doesn't meet my expectations, can I get a full refund?

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi Aaron,
all this info and discussion is on our forums!
i suggest taking few minutes to register and brows for your answers there first!
if you're still unsure post you're question there; myself or one of our members will chime in to help :cool: