Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Land texture showing up as water?

I never seen this before, but not sure what's wrong. This is taking off from PHKO, off the east side of the big island in Hawaii. Where there's suppose to be land, I see water instead. But you can't tell from the picture alone, but when I fly and look at it, the water will load back n forth with different textures, sometimes land, sometimes water. But it's suppose to be all land. I tried to delete my shaders, that didn't work. I'm not sure if ENVTEX has anything to do with this? Although I did a restore to my backup textures, and still the same. I am using FTX Global Textures, with openLC and Vector as well. This is the first time I've witnessed this strange problem.

2017-8-17_1-17-46-671.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

This usually happens if your terrain.cfg is messed up or scenery library order is wrong I believe.

try rerunning the Orbx LCLookup migration from FTX central settings/troubleshooting section.

Wills

Wills, I already did that. I did a force migration in FTX Central, and still the same.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I just recently discovered exactly that problem on Oahu, just east of NPS, and west of PHJR. Haven't gone into extensive testing yet, but at the moment I think openLC might be the culprit.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

You have the same exact issue as me? What I tried was renaming my terrain.cfg to let P3D create a new one and that fixed the problem... but then the problem came back after I ran the Airport Elevation Correction tool in FTX Central. Seems like it creates entries into the terrain.cfg that messes up the scenery again.

MatthewLee that sounds like the exact problem I'm having, where textures are randomly morphing and loading. I will give that a shot tomorrow and see if it works. Thanks for the link.

Tried the fix as mentioned above and it's still the same. :( Any ideas? This is the only area that I've noticed that this happens.

9 hours ago, captain420 said:

This is taking off from PHKO, off the east side of the big island in Hawaii.

PHKO Kailua-Kona is on the west side of the island. Do you mean PHTO Hilo which is on the east side? I'll look and check if I see the same issue.

1 minute ago, bills511 said:

PHKO Kailua-Kona is on the west side of the island. Do you mean PHTO Hilo which is on the east side? I'll look and check if I see the same issue.

Sorry, you're right. I meant the west side.

Just now, captain420 said:

Sorry, you're right. I meant the west side.

I'm loading up the sim now. I see what looks like lava flows in the background. They look like rivers and blue?

Yes, exactly, its not suppose to be water there. It's wrong.

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Yes, exactly, its not suppose to be water there. It's wrong.

I'm seeing the same thing.

Could you please post a screenshot? I'd like to confirm if we're talking about the same issue.

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Could you please post a screenshot? I'd like to confirm if we're talking about the same issue.

There are a couple blotches further north that don't belong there. I checked on google earth. This issue shows up with ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 turned on in the scenery library.

Kmx5wzl.jpg