Sign in to follow this  
Thomasdennis

747 pauses periodically

In flight the 747 pauses often to the point of total pc lock up.Is this a bug or have people figured out why it happens? It's driving me crazy.

Windows 10 64bit

nVidia Ge Force 1080  8gig vRAM

i7700 .4ghz

P3D v4

ORBX

Active Sky 2016

5 hours ago, Thomasdennis said:

Is this a bug or have people figured out why it happens?

As Chris mentioned, it's usually the result of FSUIPC autosave.

Basically, our aircraft saves a TON of data in the background any time the basic FSX/P3D save function is used, because the FSX/P3D save doesn't include the majority of our systems information that the sim doesn't provide variables for. When you first save, it's not a huge issue, but as autosave continues to do it, all of the saves stack up and eventually get too much for your processor to handle on top of the sim itself.

Kyle Rodgers

I have the paid version of the new FSUIPC for P3D v4 and I don't use autosave. During preflight ie cargo loading with PMDG features and GSX the sim runs smooth.  But, I imagine the amount of data increases once aircraft is in flight.  So I am at a loss as to what this issue can be.

Tom Dennis

4 minutes ago, Thomasdennis said:

But, I imagine the amount of data increases once aircraft is in flight.

Shouldn't be an issue; however, while in flight the simulator might be loading scenery objects and sometimes that can cause very annoying pauses that last up to 3 sec.  You were not very concise with your description of your "total eclipse" of your PC so I don't know if you are observing 3 sec or 30 min.  Speaking of which, are all processes in the PC pausing or just the simulator?

Dan Downs KCRP

The P3D v4 stops responding.  I just tried again and at 21 minutes into the flight it locks up.  The freeze periods last around 20 seconds every 5 minutes or so and sometimes on view changes. This is with the 747 not the 777 which runs smooth.  I think I wrote that the issue is with the 777 but it's actually the 747.  It wasn't always like this. but, it has been happening after the last couple updates to the product.

45 minutes ago, Thomasdennis said:

The P3D v4 stops responding.  I just tried again and at 21 minutes into the flight it locks up.  The freeze periods last around 20 seconds every 5 minutes or so and sometimes on view changes. This is with the 747 not the 777 which runs smooth.  I think I wrote that the issue is with the 777 but it's actually the 747.  It wasn't always like this. but, it has been happening after the last couple updates to the product.

What are you running alongside the sim and 747?

Kyle Rodgers

Direct Texture, Active Sky 2016, sometimes Aivalsoft EFB or FSCommander 9.7 and an ACARS program. I made a trouble ticket with PMDG and they are giving me a few things to try.  I'll post if it worked or not in a few

TD

6 hours ago, Thomasdennis said:

Aivalsoft EFB

Try without this.

6 hours ago, Thomasdennis said:

and an ACARS program

Potentially this, but more likely the EFB.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the help. I've been in contact with their support team and it turns out the issue was overheating and updated drivers.

Thanks again

TD

I have the same issue,no problems with 777,But 747 periodic freezes,I am running Active Sky and CP Flight software running 737 Pro MCP and EFIS control panels.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”