Sign in to follow this  
Schorle

Cannot reinstall Chase Plane (Installation error)

6 minutes ago, Motormike said:

Reinstalled EZDOK now and it works fine.

i dont think ezdok has this problem now :P Only chaseplane :)

2 minutes ago, Motormike said:

I know ;) Just a hint how Software should always function

Yes ! At least, ChasePlane should have an offline mode (should be totally offline for me...) so we are able to install even an older version in case of server trouble. 

I will be out of my PC for some weeks tomorrow, and I haven't been able to use the sim because of the poor reliability of this software... It's a "no-go". The next time on my PC I will probably reinstall EzDok. Not as good as ChasePlane, but at least it works...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, n666eo said:

Yes ! At least, ChasePlane should have an offline mode (should be totally offline for me...) so we are able to install even an older version in case of server trouble. 

I will be out of my PC for some weeks tomorrow, and I haven't been able to use the sim because of the poor reliability of this software... It's a "no-go". The next time on my PC I will probably reinstall EzDok. Not as good as ChasePlane, but at least it works...

could not agree more with you! :) 

10 minutes ago, n666eo said:

I too think i will be getting EzDok v2, not as pretty looking but at least it works!! 

1 minute ago, vaBase said:

I too think i will be getting EzDok v2, not as pretty looking but at least it works!! 

i got it, for me it dont work, it just crashes my sim.... Like EZdok would been a good option to use when Chaseplane dont work....

Second time this happened to me. Would like to get a message from chaseplane.

Important lesson: in case of problems inform your customers immediate. And keep them informed

@Keven Menard

Indeed, Chaseplane should have an offline mode for a limited time like two days or so because as it seems the servers are not always reliable and without its servers you cannot use it.

But in this case would the pirates not grasp the opportunity for a hack to eternally extend this period ?

On the other hand, I can guess the reason. So much piracy around (I guess) has led the developer to make this product function only with on line connection; I don't blame him, we the users pay the price (for piracy) and not him.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

2 minutes ago, Kyprianos Biris said:

@Keven Menard

Indeed, Chaseplane should have an offline mode for a limited time like two days or so because as it seems the servers are not always reliable and without its servers you cannot use it.

But in this case would the pirates not grasp the opportunity for a hack to eternally extend this period ?

On the other hand, I can guess the reason. So much piracy around (I guess) has led the developer to make this product function only with on line connection; I don't blame him, we the users pay the price (for piracy) and not him.

Totally understand that also! :) 

No mode is piracy proof... Even the latest AAA video games are pirated in no time. It would be quite pretentious (and useless) to pretend having an online software to avoid piracy... ;)

The only software that seems to avoid a part of piracy, are the good soft at the right price... ;)

I think Flightsim is very uninteressting for hackers nowadays. At the beginning of FSX there was a lot pirated software around, nowadays nearly nothing

regards

Michael Franz

We are experiencing issues with our servers right now. We are working on a solution right now. Sorry for the inconvenience. A Full statement about the incident will follow.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

im seconds from throwing my pc out the window, this issue is SOOO annoying, i got the (ConnectionClosed) error, attempted reinstall now this! rediculous!

2 hours ago, Schorle said:

Chase Plane stopped working today and I chose to reinstall but to no avail.

Installation aborts with following message:

Installation Error: System.Exception: cpDownloadError
   at A.B.A(Boolean )
   at VFXCentral.MainWindow.A(Object , DoWorkEventArgs )
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Any info how to fix this? Thanks!

good to know im not the only one phew!