Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

ChasePlane suddenly stopped loading

I've been running ChasePlane with P3Dv4, and enjoying it greatly.  Earlier today, I did a flight and everything worked fine as always.  Closed P3D and went on to other matters.  Came back this evening (after installing some newly-installed Orbx scenery), and decided to use P3D again.  This time, I got the following error dialog as ChasePlane was starting.

It looks like something unexpected occured.
Please send the following error code at ***@oldprop.com
(ConnectionClosed)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

(Obviously, there was no error code to send.)  Repeated attempts to launch ChasePlane revealed that the error came just after the "Getting libraries..." message.  (FWIW, I had a working Internet connection, the same one I'm using to send this.)

I see no sign of an error log, as others have mentioned.  However, since I can't find any mention of its location, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.  I do know it doesn't seem to be in APPDATA or PROGRAMDATA, nor in ChasePlane's directory in Program Files (x86).

Looking over the posts of other people who've received this error, I see the standard response is to make sure I have the right version of .NET Framework and the runtimes Visual C++ 2010 installed.  However, since I was able to run ChasePlane consistently before now, and nothing on my system has changed except the Orbx scenery, I would have to assume I had the right versions to begin with.  (Checking in my list of installed programs indicates I have .NET Framework 4.6 and 4.6.1, and redistributables for Visual C++ 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2017, so I would guess I'm covered.)

What should be my next step?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Same Problem here, it crashes right after the logging when Getting Libraries.

I use the the 0.3.90 Beta Exp.

Edit: yesterday eveyrthing worked fine.

Same thing for me this morning. It went wrong right after an update so I think the update is faulty.

Hopefully it shouldn't take them long to fix it.

Blackrat

We are experiencing issues with our servers right now. We are working on a solution right now. Sorry for the inconvenience. A Full statement about the incident will follow.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Things are back online. A Full statement about the incident will follow later today.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I got the same, probably a connection error? Server down?

regards, sarosha

Installation error Installation Error: System.Exception: cpDownloadError at A.B.A(Boolean ) at VFXCentral.MainWindow.A(Object , DoWorkEventArgs ) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

7 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Things are back online. A Full statement about the incident will follow later today.

Thank you Keven, confirmed back up and running here!

Cheers. 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Thanks for the speedy response.

Would like to echo the requests to seriously look at an offline mode sooner rather than later.

Continued outages causing me to not being able to use the product, when its now an integral part of the flightsim, would push me to an alternative product.

• Upvote 1

Statement about today's outage. 

In the coming months, we will gradually relieve ChasePlane from its server dependencies. While ChasePlane will require a server connection from time to time to sync the user's data, you will be able to use it while disconnected from the Internet or when our servers become unavailable. We do not have a time estimate for the release of those changes but we assure you it's going to be made available gradually before the v1.0 release.

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/blog/2017/08/17/server-outage-aug-17-2017/

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42