Sign in to follow this  
twojastara

FlyInside P3D v4 update

Hi,

Not everyone here is following FlyInside forum, so I just wanted to share here an extensive update from developer:

http://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5559&start=100#p24766

The most exciting news for me is that they are getting significant fps increase (45-50fps FlyInside vs 30fps in native Prepar3D-VR) on the same settings.

Lukasz

• Upvote 3

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Great news. Dan is a fantastic guy. Hopefully when X plane gets VR native support we will get a big increase on frame rates too

• Upvote 1

Thank You for the post update.

I was quite busy with work yesterday and missed reading that forum.

Oh yes, I am excited about this release.  I need VR-SLI.  

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

cant wait. Flyinside for P3Dv3 was kickass already, but for me unplayable in the long run due to OOM errors. So looking forward to the first release of Flyinside for  P3Dv4

Great news. Thanks for sharing!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Have placed an order for the rift by taking advantage of their summer sale along with a GTX1070 so I look forward to P3D in VR in the coming months! 

Thanks for sharing the article.

I wish Dan well as a small developer. I hope he charges an upgrade fee for v4 of Flyinside at the very least. Without Dan we would still be sitting in front of a monitor watching a 30-frames-a-second-picture of a simulator.

Great news! I almost forgot about that, considering that the VR implementation for XP11 from FlyInside is quite good and keeps me busy!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

On 17/08/2017 at 6:59 PM, twojastara said:

The most exciting news for me is that they are getting significant fps increase (45-50fps FlyInside vs 30fps in native Prepar3D-VR) on the same settings.

Bit of a VR newbie here but wasn't Flyinside talking about 90 FPS awhile ago?
Or was that with FSX?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

2 hours ago, gboz said:

Bit of a VR newbie here but wasn't Flyinside talking about 90 FPS awhile ago?
Or was that with FSX?

gb.

In the end you will have 90 fps with FlyInsinde because of Asynchronous Timewarp.

However, if you get low FPS before applying AT, you could experience some visual artifacts.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

9 hours ago, twojastara said:

In the end you will have 90 fps with FlyInsinde because of Asynchronous Timewarp.

However, if you get low FPS before applying AT, you could experience some visual artifacts.

Ok thanks.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Does the Vive work with P3D?  Huge price drop on the vive today.  In the states it was lowered by $200 and is available now for $599.  In Canada it was $1200 and now it dropped $400 to $799

On 8/21/2017 at 9:10 PM, franjoflyer said:

Does the Vive work with P3D?  Huge price drop on the vive today.  In the states it was lowered by $200 and is available now for $599.  In Canada it was $1200 and now it dropped $400 to $799

Yep it works great, either with the native P3D VR, or Flyinside (P3D v3)

Looking forward to Flyinside being released for V4, anyone have the inside scoop?

Native VR is good, but Flyinside is better

VR is great BTW, for anyone on the fence. You won't believe how you feel like you're in the cockpit and swooping in over the treetops

Flying seems easier to me - you get so much understanding of your position relative to the runway - height and direction. I can now fly the approach into Samos no problem

• Upvote 1