Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Apart from 64bit what else does v4 bring?

I have yet to move to v4, waiting for LM next hotfix/4.1 so FSL can release the A320.

I don't have or ever had OOM's and v3.4 with everything installed looks and runs very well to the point I ask myself do I need v4?

For me, texture loading and seeing crisp textures is really important. I only run 1920 x 1080 on a GTX 1070. Orbx OLC USA/Euro -Globle vector, every addon airport under the sun. (large)

So I am asking apart from 64 bit what do you guys find is better than 3.4?

Thanks for your thoughts. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It brings lots of rainbows.  Lol Joking

4.1 update should be close, numerous clues have been dropped by LM team on their forums

If you are happy and stable with 3.4, you can take your time to upgrade (honestly that is what I would do).  Major new feature in v4 is 64bit (so does away with OOMs) but few addons are not v4 ready (have to wait or free or paid upgrade).

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I have yet to move to v4, waiting for LM next hotfix/4.1 so FSL can release the A320.

I don't have or ever had OOM's and v3.4 with everything installed looks and runs very well to the point I ask myself do I need v4?

For me, texture loading and seeing crisp textures is really important. I only run 1920 x 1080 on a GTX 1070. Orbx OLC USA/Euro -Globle vector, every addon airport under the sun. (large)

So I am asking apart from 64 bit what do you guys find is better than 3.4?

Thanks for your thoughts. 

For me it brought a huge performance increase at payware airports over FSX. There were many airports that I could not fly into due to poor fps. These include expensive FlyTampa airports.

The visuals are significantly improved thanks to PTA and some excellent presets.

HDR adds another level of eye candy.

Faster loading.

Stability.

Smoother simulation.

AG doesn't pop up and LOD can extend to the horizon if you have an 8gig video card.

I'm sure that there's more, but I'll let others share their experience.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I am waiting on v3.4 as well. Not enough to warrant the upgrade yet for me. The move is inevitable though. 

I have Orbx vector, global and the land class so they should be working now or shortly in v4 at no cost. The AS a320 won't work without paying a small fee and my coolsky dc9 and ifly 747 won't work for the foreseeable future if not ever. Not sure I will need to pay for them.

The only other product I have is Ezdok 1 so i guess I will need to buy the new version.

Tbh if LM go the same way as v3 and just release bug fixes and small changes in their v4 point releases I may wait for v5.

12 minutes ago, sanh said:

I have Orbx vector, global and the land class so they should be working now or shortly in v4 at no cost. 

They work now. With V4, you can actually switch vector on!

forget the candy pluses .... your aircraft's behaviour is more :'accurate / responsive " as the cpu has "flicked the candy load to the gpu".

for now, cheers

john martin

I am still using 3.4, everything works, no ooms, and looks great. And everyone of my add on's works. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I am now using v4 exclusively, everything works, no ooms, and looks a lot better than 3.4. And everyone of my add on's works except one aircraft out of ca. 15 and two airports out of oh God a lot...

Interesting feed back guys thank you all.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I've uninstalled Prepar3D V4 and re-installed Prepar3D V3.4

Still awaiting FSLabs to release their A320-X for P3D V4... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Try Drzwiecky Design fabulous NYCX with V3.4.....  You'll get a wonderful 4 fps slideshow and a large bucket of popcorn to go with it. 

Now try it with V4 (the v4 compatible version that is..)..... You'll get an even more wonderful 30 ( ! ) fps average which will knock your socks off. No popcorn included. And the gazillion autogen and groundtextures sharp as far as you can see.  I.e. P3Dv4 is The Mother Of All Flightsims.  

My 2 cents anyway ( on a i7-4960X@3.60GHz;GTX1070;16GB RAM;500GB SSD;W7/64Pro;30" mon)  

Oh, btw, forget the dynamic trees. Huge framerate killer.

Cheers,

Jan

5 hours ago, srce said:

Dynamic lighting

Speedtrees (which look rubbish)

Textures don't reload when you switch views

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/what_is_new/new_v40.html

I think the speed trees are much better then the Dynamic 3D vegetation. 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

P3D V4 brings a massive disadvantage compared to FSX-SE, with FSX-SE you had time to go and make a nice cup of tea and perhaps watch a film whilst it was loading up your flight, can't really do that with P3D V4. :laugh:

Seriously though, the load times are way better in P3D V4 and that's the case even with a lot of fancy add-ons in there too, so whilst it is true that visually things can look almost identical in both sims when you add stuff, and you might even not get a VAS warning on your FSX if you are one of the fortunate few, but you will notice the difference as far as performance goes in everything from frame rates to load times on P3D V4, because it is vastly superior in those respects.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here