Sign in to follow this  
MIQUEL_7

PMDG 737 NGX Speed question

Hello forum members, 

I want to ask if I'm doing something wrong here with the speed... or is that normal? 

As in the following image you can see what I mean.

Thanks in advance, I'd be glad if someone wants to help me here.

MIQUEL

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

37 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

I want to ask if I'm doing something wrong here with the speed... or is that normal? 

Based on the FMC noting SPD REST and /FLAPS, the plane still thinks your flaps are out. Are you using an FSUIPC flaps axis perhaps?

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Based on the FMC noting SPD REST and /FLAPS, the plane still thinks your flaps are out. Are you using an FSUIPC flaps axis perhaps?

Not that I know of... 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

2 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

Not that I know of... 

Neither of those images shows the page where the flaps axis would be assigned, but, to rule it out, drag the FSUIPC.ini out of the modules folder (in the main sim folder). I don't think you can assign a flaps axis in the sim, but check there, too.

Something is confusing the plane, because I can see that the flaps are up, but the restriction is still there.

Kyle Rodgers

15 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Neither of those images shows the page where the flaps axis would be assigned, but, to rule it out, drag the FSUIPC.ini out of the modules folder (in the main sim folder). I don't think you can assign a flaps axis in the sim, but check there, too.

Something is confusing the plane, because I can see that the flaps are up, but the restriction is still there.

Can you please explain to me where I can find the FSUIPC.ini modules folder? I can't find it in the main sim folder. 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

29 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Sorry I think I found it but there is no FSUIPC.ini ... 

Here's the image:

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

2 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

Sorry I think I found it but there is no FSUIPC.ini ... 

It's the one highlighed in the photo. Looks like you have the setting "hide extentions of known file types" enabled, so Windows is hiding the .ini suffix because it recognizes the file type.

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

It's the one highlighed in the photo. Looks like you have the setting "hide extentions of known file types" enabled, so Windows is hiding the .ini suffix because it recognizes the file type.

Okay, so it's that one, I just move it to where? 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

38 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

Okay, so it's that one, I just move it to where? 

Anywhere but the folder it's in right now. Just remember where you put it.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Anywhere but the folder it's in right now. Just remember where you put it.

I moved it to P3D v4 main folder so now it's not in the Modules folder, is that good? 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

6 minutes ago, MIQUEL_7 said:

I moved it to P3D v4 main folder so now it's not in the Modules folder, is that good? 

Yep!

Now try to do a flight like the one you posted a picture of in the first post.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Yep!

With my crash today, I'd like to do a flight later this evening or tomorrow if that is okay

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yep!

Hello I'm currently flying and it's still the same though...

Take a look here:

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

You are still showing the flap problem, and 100% of the time in this forum that has been resolved by removing fsuipc5.ini... not sure moving it to the P3D root folder was a good idea.  The advice is generally to move it to your desktop so you know where it is.  Then FSUPC will create a new one without the problem setting.

Dan Downs KCRP