Sign in to follow this  
chote

When I turn off the plane and turn it on again the GTN goes black and does not start after a flight

Hello good afternoon, when I fly and I arrive at my destination the GPS leaves but I turn off avionics and the airplane I turn it all on again the GPS does not start the GTN 750 the screen stays black to me that can help me please

Thank you

Hi, a few customers of the GNS V2 and the GTN have reported similar problem from time to time. While working on the P3D version we might have found a reason for this, and this will come to an update to the X-Plane version anytime soon.

In the meantime, you might want to try the following: power off/on/off/on etc... A few times until it powers up. If it does, it will help you while waiting for the update, and it will tell us our upcoming update should certainly cures this.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Ok thanks for your answer, we have date of this update if not because nothing will be doing that by turning it off and on all the time

Thank you

41 minutes ago, chote said:

we have date of this update if not because nothing will be doing that by turning it off and on all the time

As soon as the P3D/FS products are released, in a few days now, because both X-Plane ad Fltsim products share some components.

In the meantime, you might want to try the following: power off/on/off/on etc. Please let me know if at least this "in the meantime" solution works or not on your system.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

@chote i have the same problem... "playing" with on/off didnt solve the problem. i simply stopped using the GTN...

Ok thank you for the feedback. It is unfortunate it is happening on your system right now. Hopefully the update with a fix is coming up shortly. I'll make an announcement when released in our forums.

Also, is this happening with all aircraft, including for example the default B58? Or only in a selected few?

And what does your "my documents/rxpGtnSim.dll.log" and "my documents/rxpGtn.xpl.log" files say?

Hi.. .its still the same story... logs are without any error and it happends to every aircraft. one day it works in default 172, next day dont and so on... I tryied to coply "RealityXP.GTN.ini" from the "working aircraft" to another, but as I wrote, the next day it didnt work even in "original" aircraft and so on... and yes, I tryed it on "clean" xp11 without andy custom data and custom planes. its totally independet behavior. if you turn on xp11 and gnt works, it will remain working in all planes until you quit the simulator...

17 hours ago, gabelcz said:

if you turn on xp11 and gnt works, it will remain working in all planes

This is 'somehow' reassuring in that the product works, and this all points to the 'power' glitch.

Do I ou have an SSD or a HDD? A top of the line CPU or a 'average' one? This knowledge might help us refining the understanding of the circumstances triggering this in particular, and validate further our assumptions about the upcoming fix.

Hang in there, we'll get to the bottom of this.

Well noted, thank you! the new update for X-Plane is on its way. As a matter of fact, both the GNS and the GTN suffer (potentially) from the same issue, only very few customers are experiencing it. Nevertheless, our newly released GNS for FltSim has the new version with the fix, and it seems there is no issue so far. Thus, once we have finished with the small installer fix for our FSim version, will be able to port and prepare the fix to the X-Plane version anytime soon after.