Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

P3D 30hz monitor

Since we can not use the 1/2 vsync option in P3D as we did in FSX I am looking for a native stable 30hz monitor.  I am looking into the 34 inch widescreen monitors.  I did buy an Asus Rog 34 inch G sync monitor but immediately returned it for a couple reasons.  Even though G sync is advertised to work from 30 FPS and up I found that if u cant maintain at least 40 FPS in the sim there was horrible stuttering and screen flickering.  Also when enabling G sync to work in windowed mode every time u move the mouse the monitor would kick out of G sync mode causing bad stutters..  And lastly this monitor would not run at 30hz no matter what I tried.  Long story short this monitor was a $1100 mistake to purchase.  So anyone looking into G sync or Free sync be very careful.  Now that my rant is over can anyone recommend a 34 inch widescreen that will support 30hz native?

Matt Wilson

My 42-in Samsung is happy at 30 Hz.  I have always avoided the G-Sync marketing from Nvidia and find that the move to 4K display was the one most significant hardware update I've ever made (of course many hardware improvement were required to get here).  I am perfectly happy with my P3Dv4 running at 20 fps locked and the 4K display through a GTX980Ti on a 30 Hz screen.  No VSync, G-Sync or even NI required.  Looks great at 2xMSAA.  Mileage varies of course.

Dan Downs KCRP

36 minutes ago, downscc said:

My 42-in Samsung is happy at 30 Hz.  I have always avoided the G-Sync marketing from Nvidia and find that the move to 4K display was the one most significant hardware update I've ever made (of course many hardware improvement were required to get here).  I am perfectly happy with my P3Dv4 running at 20 fps locked and the 4K display through a GTX980Ti on a 30 Hz screen.  No VSync, G-Sync or even NI required.  Looks great at 2xMSAA.  Mileage varies of course.

Do you run at 20fps or 30 lol. I would think 20 would cause stutters

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

1 hour ago, akabam said:

Do you run at 20fps or 30 lol. I would think 20 would cause stutters

I run at 20 fps, although it made a larger difference in v3 than v4.  I do not have any stutters, although a friend of mine prefers 24.  There is no downside to the lower frame rate, it means the rendering engine has that much longer for each frame so when stuff happens like a sky full of overcast and complex scenery there is less impact on frame rate. Also, there is a slight advantage to long frames.  I have a modified frame rate display that shows low, avg and high numbers and I get more excited when I see the low number increase than I am with high averages. The display refresh rate is 30 Hz which on a LCD display does not have any flicker if that is what you were asking.

Dan Downs KCRP

I got a 4k monitor today. Its sooo nice.

I also did a full windows reinstall. Will install addons one at a time

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

22 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

Since we can not use the 1/2 vsync option in P3D as we did in FSX I am looking for a native stable 30hz monitor.

Before you go for a 30Hz monitor, try fast sync. Although it's only supposed to work at very high frame rates, quite a few people on the Avsim forums (me included) are having great success with it. Unlike other forms of vsync, it doesn't limit your frame rates and seems to have very little performance penalty. The big plus is that it won't cost you anything to try it!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I don't see any Fast Sync setting in control panel...  Where is it located ?

Mike

2 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

I don't see any Fast Sync setting in control panel...  Where is it located ?

Mike

IN nVidia inspector under "Vertical Sync"

Hello,
i was recently setting my main Display (Asus vg248qe) to 25hz because i got excelent smoothness with that. (it really works amazing even on my 5 year old machine) For normal use of my Laptop i usually reset the frequency back to 60hz. I use Nvidia Control Panel to do that. 
I now noticed that my screen is much darker on 25hz then it use to be on 60hz. I was wondering how to cerrect it? Should i just adjust the brightness in the Nvidia Control Panel or is there another reason for that? 
I was searching a bit arround google but unfortunatly found no answer to that . 

23 minutes ago, driver101 said:

In you want to go a bit bigger 

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/43ud79-b

I own it for 6 months now and I love it 

Me too. Love it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.