Sign in to follow this  
killairbus

Should I uninstall my pre July update 747? Or just go ahead and download full installer?

Recommended Posts

I have just come back from a three month break from simulating only to discover you guys are making HUGE changes! That's awesome but since I've been away, I have small questions.

-Do I have to uninstall my old 747 before going into my account and downloading the full installer?

-My OC has trouble updating the pmdg product modules (747,777, 737, etc.) it cant download the module and I think I should go into the directory and delete everything except for the OpsCenterUpdater.exe. Is this an ok method to get around this?

 

-Angelo Busato 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

23 minutes ago, killairbus said:

-Do I have to uninstall my old 747 before going into my account and downloading the full installer?

Yep. Uninstall using add/remove programs in Windows.

 

23 minutes ago, killairbus said:

My OC has trouble updating the pmdg product modules (747,777, 737, etc.) it cant download the module and I think I should go into the directory and delete everything except for the OpsCenterUpdater.exe. Is this an ok method to get around this?

Give it a go. Make sure you're running as admin and have allowed the connection in your firewall.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the updater runs it stops and a message says "Product Module '737NGX P4D.dll' has failed to download after 3 attempts. Please try again." I'm going to try and turn my antivirus off. 

 

-Angelo Busato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now it's stopping the update because it cant install "Product Module '737NGX P3D.dll

I have turned off my antivirus and firewall but the OC updater still can't download these "Product Modules." 

 

-Angelo Busato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you running as Administrator and are you sure there are no connectivity problems on your side? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MorsAbAlto said:

Are you running as Administrator and are you sure there are no connectivity problems on your side? 

Yes and I'm sure there are no connectivity issues, as I have downloaded and run the 747 installer successfully.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google how to disable IPv6 and give that a try.  It could be the fault of your internet service provider not being able to provide the latest standard for IP addressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this