Sign in to follow this  
killairbus

Should I uninstall my pre July update 747? Or just go ahead and download full installer?

I have just come back from a three month break from simulating only to discover you guys are making HUGE changes! That's awesome but since I've been away, I have small questions.

-Do I have to uninstall my old 747 before going into my account and downloading the full installer?

-My OC has trouble updating the pmdg product modules (747,777, 737, etc.) it cant download the module and I think I should go into the directory and delete everything except for the OpsCenterUpdater.exe. Is this an ok method to get around this?

-Angelo Busato 

23 minutes ago, killairbus said:

-Do I have to uninstall my old 747 before going into my account and downloading the full installer?

Yep. Uninstall using add/remove programs in Windows.

23 minutes ago, killairbus said:

My OC has trouble updating the pmdg product modules (747,777, 737, etc.) it cant download the module and I think I should go into the directory and delete everything except for the OpsCenterUpdater.exe. Is this an ok method to get around this?

Give it a go. Make sure you're running as admin and have allowed the connection in your firewall.

• Upvote 1

As the updater runs it stops and a message says "Product Module '737NGX P4D.dll' has failed to download after 3 attempts. Please try again." I'm going to try and turn my antivirus off. 

-Angelo Busato

Now it's stopping the update because it cant install "Product Module '737NGX P3D.dll

I have turned off my antivirus and firewall but the OC updater still can't download these "Product Modules." 

-Angelo Busato

Are you running as Administrator and are you sure there are no connectivity problems on your side? 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MorsAbAlto said:

Are you running as Administrator and are you sure there are no connectivity problems on your side? 

Yes and I'm sure there are no connectivity issues, as I have downloaded and run the 747 installer successfully.  

Google how to disable IPv6 and give that a try.  It could be the fault of your internet service provider not being able to provide the latest standard for IP addressing.

Dan Downs KCRP

Looks like there were server issues earlier. Try again now.