Sign in to follow this  
Mroberts95

Stutters Etc 1080p

Hi there guys,

My name is Mark and I am having some troubles in P3D V4.

I bought a 1080p tv to run P3D at 30hz because that worked for my old system in the past. However even now, my FPS are all over the place it seems like and I'm not sure what is going on.

I am taking off with the PMDG 747-400 V3 at KSFO FB with medium settings.

I have a 7700k OC to 4.8ghz with a 1080 at 2.0ghz

Temps are never above 60c or so.

I run Windows 10 on a 250gb SSD and P3D on a bigger samsung 500gb SSD

When I go to takeoff it seems smooth then I get a stutter and takeoff and blurries etc.

I'm thinking about doing a fresh windows 10 install just to start over since its been 8 months since I built my system

Any ideas?

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Turn off all add-ons you have installed.  Lock your frames to 30.  See if you still get stutters.  If not then it is not your OS.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I will try that once I arrive home. 

If it is stuttering still is it most likely the OS?

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Also monitor your CPU and GPU to make sure they are not stuck at 100%

I just found a process running in the background relating to an UPS I just bought that was running at 30% 24/7 and that combined with high CPU load in the sim pushed my CPU to 100% and then blurries and stutters.

ZORAN

What keeps me away from stutters:

Set P3D to only use cores 1-7
4x DSR 8xMSAA 16x Ani
then starting with the lowest settings in P3D and working my way up.