Sign in to follow this  
Parping Couplet

Aerosoft Mega Aiport Updates - Storm Brewing

I don't think anyone would argue that Aerosoft has absolutely dragged its heels in adapting its add-ons for the various iterations of P3D, compared with any other major developer.

Now they drop this:
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/126204-mega-airports-for-prepar3d-v4/&

Suggest you all read it.

My view, FWIW, is that it would matter less that they were charging for these updates if they had done a better job of updating airports in the past. As such they've left themselves wide open to criticism, probably incorrect, that they've delayed releases so they can create a "Professional" version and bring in some revenue, when all anyone wants, in the initial instance, is a straight port to the latest P3D version.

As someone says in the above thread, if a small developer like UK2000 can sort porting out quickly and without charge, why can't Aerosoft?

I will pay for, and very much look forward to, the updates, but I am frustrated that Aerosoft can't move faster on these matters, always remembering that ported add-ons to the latest P3D iteration are the only way of guaranteeing that those products have a future.

Mathijs has now closed the above thread, so I thought we could carry it on here.

Discuss...

Because it's not a straight port, already being discussed here:

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

And the point of this thread? 

I fear this will turn into a complete developer bashing - warranted or not! It's already given in the tone of the OP. If it can be kept clean without baseless and unjustified accusations, I guess it could be interesting - to a certain degree... 

But to be honest I don't think we'll end there... Moderators, please keep a close eye here! I would really hate to have a flame-war starting, with people starting to recklessly bashing a developers business decision. A decision, which they're completely entitled to make!

There's already another thread, which have been closed at the Aerosoft's own forums - for very good reasons! 

Anyway - I've said my piece... let's see how it goes?! I fear this thread will be locked quite soon... 

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Yep... not upset at all.  New platform, more work for developers, fully understand.  I was actually pleasantly surprise how many developers did not charge for the upgrade.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Same here, not upset at all. Apparently some work has been done for the P3DV4 version, and for the price less than a package of cigarettes ? Why discuss at all ?

If the 5 or 6 Euro helps in keeping developers developing Addons, then I'm glad to pay it.

If a developer like FS2Crew takes the full price from existing customers of the P3DV3 version, that would be worth to discuss...

Mike

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Hello 

If you wish to make further comments Please see the Topic below 

Topic locked 

• Upvote 1