Sign in to follow this  
Guest aca_dia

Smooth instrument movement!

Guest Mesa

>Do you guys still have a jet project in the works?...possibly.A jet trainer possibly?

Guest Dominique

>>Do you guys still have a jet project in the works?>>...possibly.>>>>A jet trainer possibly?circa 1950's ?

Guest Rayed

>>Do you guys still have a jet project in the works?>>...possibly.>>Rob YoungThat would be great.

>Plug and Play with Reality XP Flightline T. If the marketing>claims are true, instant super smooth replacement analogue>guages.>>http://www.reality-xp.com/products/FLT/index.htmIMO not even Reality XP gauges are in par with X-Plane ones, if we talk about smoothness. The only comparable gauges I've seen so far are just RealAir's.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

>Plug and Play with Reality XP Flightline T. If the marketing>claims are true, instant super smooth replacement analogue>guages.Well, for sure they are not correct when the say their technology is "exclusive".Check the Cloud9 MB339, there's a full demo available, the whole panel is made with smooth-moving analogue gaugues, fully antialiased, with needle shadows and glass effects over the needles.And no, Cloud9 doesn't use SDK techniques as well, so the gauge fps is not limited to 18 fps like in the SDK, if FS9 runs at, let's say 30 fps, the gauge will refresh at 30 fps.The Trial version is freely downloadable here:http://www.fscloud9.com/php/products.php?lang=EN&id=115

Hi CWD,"I've been lead to believe the 3D gauge technology used by RealAir in their Spitfire, SF. 260 and new taildraggers and some other developers isn't really workable on cockpits with many instruments like heavy iron would require."I must say that sounds like somebody making exuses. In my experience that's not the case. The big problem is how much more work it is to get these gauges working properly and displaying correctly, with an airliner this extra work would be magnified due to the sheer number of gauges, which might not seem worthwhile to a commercial developer.The other biggie is it would be very difficult to create "glass" gauges in this way, it's really best used for old-style analogue gauges.

Bob, I see Sean has already said he is dealing with your issue. Please note that we are almost permanently available via e-mail, even at weekends, to deal with any install problem and we make that clear on our site and in our documents. All you have to do is e-mail is and we will sort it.It is much more efficient to e-mail us FIRST. There are hundreds of websites and trawling through each one finding install problems is not really very quick compared with e-mailing us in the first place.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest Roadkill

I told Sean I was going to post an update to my message above. In re-reading it I may have unintentionally "panned" the product. I am a big fan of RealAir and have all their planes except the Spitfire (I'm just not a warplane guy). Their planes have always been superior to anything else and the Scout is my default. I guess that's the reason I was so anxious about the upgrade. Please, no one should interpret my download problem as a criticism of the product. I certainly don't.

Guest JDKL

I like the Scout and I am happy that it has now been updated to the same standards as the rest of the RealAir fleet. Great job guys. Looking forward to the next release now. Any hints as to what this may be and when we can look forward to it??!!Ed

Hi Ed,We do have plans for a well known jet trainer but there are delays in planning, research and licences. In the meantime we thought we would show that RealAir can do a conventional twin prop, so that looks like the next project. And it will be a "classic" twin prop with beautiful lines and a pleasing look.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

>In the meantime we>thought we would show that RealAir can do a conventional twin>prop, so that looks like the next project. And it will be a>"classic" twin prop with beautiful lines and a pleasing look.Great!Maybe after having been the first ones to get smooth gauges, you'll be the first one to correctly implement OEI dynamics and VMC behaviour in MSFS? ;) Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Adverse Yawn

>>VMC behaviour in MSFS?The beers are on me if they succeed!