Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Flightbeam KSFO-HD v2 release

I just ran a test.  At night, with DL turned off, 30-35 fps looking at the airport buildings; DL turned on and looking at the airport buildings, 24 - 25 fps (totally acceptable for me).

With DL off and looking away from the airport buildings, 40-50 fps; with it on 30-35 fps looking away from the buildings.

Of course, fps is all dependent on what other settings you have made in P3D (mine are pretty high; maxed on first page of settings).  It does look nice but I can live w/o it.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I followed the instructions but somehow I still get this "Trial for KSFO has ended". The scenery is still there and nothing seems to have changed, but does anyone know why I'm getting that message still?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Did you follow the guidance in the 'clicky' provided by the OP.  You enter the serial number in order to download the new version.  You then install the product and you may or may not be asked to enter a serial number.  You can also try opening the FlightBeam Manager and click on Troubleshooting and run Troubleshooting.  You also want to reset it to Default.

The manual for P3DV4 indicates you go to Addon inside P3D, click on Addon Manager, FlightBeam and select KSFO HD but this will not work for P3DV4 as it uses the Add-on.xml and not the scenery.cfg.  It also shows FSX even though the manual is for P3DV4.  If you cannot get it activated, I would go into the FlightBeam Manager and click uninstall and reinstall with Admin privileges.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

I followed the instructions but somehow I still get this "Trial for KSFO has ended". The scenery is still there and nothing seems to have changed, but does anyone know why I'm getting that message still?

Hello Aaron, 

More than likely you still have the old KSFOHD installed. Be sure to remove any trace of the previous version. 

That message will not affect your new install though. It's just that the Addon Manager detects the old version still installed. 

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

What I can't stand though is the small puddles of water on the taxiways and around the airport.  When I pay $30 for an airport, I want smooth taxiways and areas around the airport where my PMDG aircraft don't have to splash through large and small puddles of water! (LOL with tongue in cheek and thinking... bad joke...).

Hi Jim, 

In the Flightbeam Manager, you can just turn off puddles if you wish. 

I know. I posted it with tongue-in-cheek (i.e., just kidding).  Thanks though for your response.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Deactivated KSFO HD in the Addon Manger, installed the new version - loaded it up: WOW! What a nice airport!

Will fly on VATSIM now to LGA :-)

1 hour ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Hi Jim, 

In the Flightbeam Manager, you can just turn off puddles if you wish. 

Not to get off topic, but since you're here... I noticed that the new SODE jetways have trouble getting low enough for RJ's like the CRJ, even at gates they should be able to (e.g. at Concourse F). I had similar trouble at the old Imaginesim KATL in the other direction, the fix I think was to make an adjustment in the limits of the simobject.

Oh and just FYI: I have almost no FPS impact with DL on KSFO! Very nice. Good job!

Thanks for this wonderful airport.

I ponder a new airport for p3dv4...this is a worthy product?

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I ponder a new airport for p3dv4...this is a worthy product?

Absolutely, you cant go wrong with this one.

• Upvote 2

IMO Flightbeam are #1 for looks and performance.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 hours ago, Boomer said:

this is a worthy product?

If Flightbeam is not worthy, then the Earth is flat!

• Upvote 2