Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Flightbeam KSFO-HD v2 release

And new Runway C lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Does anyone have this? I saw the promo video and the textures looked rather bland but interested in opinions from owners about graphics and fps. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

21 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

And new Runway C lol!

Man I laughed and cringed at the same time when I read that!  Air Canada only...:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Does anyone have this? I saw the promo video and the textures looked rather bland but interested in opinions from owners about graphics and fps. 

I highly doubt you will be disappointed. Top shelf work.

Eric 

Anyone noticing a performance loss when turning on the landing lights? I'm running 8 MSAA with DL on. With either the PMDG NGX or 747 I get a ~ 10 FPS loss at night. I haven't experienced this with any other scenery.

NAX669.png

Yes I'm running at 4xMSAA and get around 11-14fps with all Dynamic Lights on, airport and Plane. I disabled the airport dynamic lights as I have to have them for the plane because I fly at night.

I'm hoping that LM can optimize the DL on the next release of version 4.1. It's such a big performance hit ever since v4 was released.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 hours ago, warbirds said:

I think Flightbeam make the best airports out there. The detail is mind blowing. Nobody makes better.

Buy it load it up at a gate and you with say.........WOW

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I think Flightbeam make the best airports out there. The detail is mind blowing. Nobody makes better.

Buy it load it up at a gate and you with say.........WOW

This! +1

Installed late last night when I saw it was updated.  Took a quick tour in slew mode and everything looks pretty good.  High quality for sure.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

What I can't stand though is the small puddles of water on the taxiways and around the airport.  When I pay $30 for an airport, I want smooth taxiways and areas around the airport where my PMDG aircraft don't have to splash through large and small puddles of water! (LOL with tongue in cheek and thinking... bad joke...).

Seriously though I did get the dreaded "can't find any .dat files! Addon Manager will not run." error and I uninstalled both the FSX and the P3D version as directed before installing the new version (what?  I followed instructions?).  I understand this might mean I still have old files mixed with new files?  Still both P3D and FSX versions load to KSFO HD w/o any problems and the scenery looks great!  But the Addon Manager is no longer running.

My Fix:  Ran the FSDT Live Update program.  All is well again. 

IMHO, FlightBeam and FSDT airports are the best as they seem to consistently update/upgrade their airports constantly looking for the best renditions of their products with the latest technology (and technology is constantly changing!!).  And for free!  For me they have mostly been frame rate friendly (except KORD and KLAX) and they have lots of eye-candy that can be turned on or off.  Drzewiecki Design is doing some great stuff too and they too fix things immediately when a problem is discovered.  Thanks to all involved!!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Does this airport have dynamic lighting, and if so, does it effect fps much?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

It has dynamic lighting that you can turn on/off.  If you turn it on, it will issue you a warning you need to turn it on in P3D settings and performance impact is high.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim. I have it on in LOWI and it does not affect my fps but LOWI is a smaller airport.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png