Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

A bit confused but interested

I just saw a video where the user had MCE and set it up so the copilot flew the aircraft (A2A Connie). I thought you had to have a mike and voice to make this all work because the user said nothing but the copilot (lady) was calling out the headings and turning the plane and, I think, in contact with ATC. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Ok so no one here really has this?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Can you give the link to the video please.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Sure. here is a link to the post at the A2A forum about flying the Connie with MCE female copilot. There is also a link to the video in the first post.  

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=60627

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On 18/08/2017 at 4:14 AM, warbirds said:

I just saw a video where the user had MCE and set it up so the copilot flew the aircraft (A2A Connie). I thought you had to have a mike and voice to make this all work because the user said nothing but the copilot (lady) was calling out the headings and turning the plane and, I think, in contact with ATC. 

It is the user who gives the orders to the copilot via the microphone. By increasing the sound, the user can be heard giving the headings, landing light off, gear up and so on ....

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hello fellow Captains!

As DrumsArt states, its the "user", sorry the "Captain" or me in the left hand seat that gives all the flying instructions to the MCE first officer. The MCE first officer (MCE program) then follows the commands. If the captain gives the correct commands, FO will accept them and perform the actions. Fully supported aircraft have every switch and cockpit function modelled by MCE and integrated into the sim. The PMDG and Aerosoft Bus (along with some 35 other sims) have total functionality. You can ask the FO to do everything he/she would do in the real cockpit. With "native" sims, like the Connie, MCE supports all the basic functions. However, with the Connie, A2A provide a built in Flight Engineer, so that post is already filled with an expert!

I have my microphone volume fairly quiet, so its not readily apparent how the FO is getting the commands! With "verbose on", and your microphone turned down below the audible limit of You Tube, the FO can appear, at times, that she/he is actually and autonomously flying the aircraft! But all the instructions come from the user (captain) and go via MCE to the aircraft!

The same applies to all the flows/procedures. With MCE you build your flows (or use the ones that come with the aircraft) to your own specification. I try and use my own knowledge of these and also use the flows from any FCOMs I can lay my hands on. You can be as accurate or "real world" as you like!

The Connie is not even an MCE supported aircraft, so naturally there are no flows from the MCE team. I re used some from other aircraft and modified them to suit a four engine, piston engine beauty! Also, with MCE, you can pre record any speech you like, and integrate these into a flow/procedure. This also adds to the atmosphere and illusion of flying with a crew. Suspension of disbelief being the aim.

With aircraft like the 707/727/Tristar, MCE has actually included all the Flight Engineer functions also! So your flows get more complex!

If you take a peek at some of my earlier videos you can hear me, a bit better, giving the various commands to the MCE FO/FE.

So yes, the Connie is another example of a native aircraft sim, being used with the magic of MCE.

Regards.

David