Sign in to follow this  
Johan Durand

Deal with throttle when one engine affected

Hello guy's

I Wonder if thera are simmer whose have found to deal with engine failure and throttle when like me they are equipped of basic single throttle

Matter for me is that I can't respect the qrh as when I have to put the trust lever of the affected engine side to idle when moving my throttle to maintain sufficient power for the operative engine it

doesn't take in account the affected side and remove it to the same power as the side operating..

So have you got a tricks to know or later I must without doubt take some cash to improve my hardware?

Regards 

Use "E" and then the engine you want to control "1 or 2".

Here's how I would do it.

You have an Engine Failure on Nr. 2.

Establish the aircraft, Disable autothrottle, Press "E 2" then "F1", and then you regain control of the remaining engine "E 1"

7 hours ago, samy_k97 said:

Use "E" and then the engine you want to control "1 or 2".

Here's how I would do it.

You have an Engine Failure on Nr. 2.

Establish the aircraft, Disable autothrottle, Press "E 2" then "F1", and then you regain control of the remaining engine "E 1"

Yep, beyond that your only option is to rebind your throttle to specifically "Throttle 1" or "Throttle 2" in the control settings.

Otherwise, yes the only way to do it without changing your controls is probably to get a yoke/stick with a twin throttle

Mark Fox

Thank's very much for your reply

So I think I m gonna make what you say samy.

And for Christmas will cry like an unbearable baby for have a twin throttle ...

But I think and hope there will be no engine failure until 25 december ;)

Have nice flights pilots

Thank's

Regards

12 hours ago, Johan Durand said:

And for Christmas will cry like an unbearable baby for have a twin throttle ...

I don't know what you're flying, but if you're flying the 747, you might want one with four.

• Upvote 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Or, just look down at the throttles in virtual cockpit and turn off the fuel to the affected engine with a mouse click.... of course the throttle for the disabled engine will probably still animate, but that may be a small price to pay if you don't want to use the keyboard commands as Samyr mentioned.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

12 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

throttle for the disabled engine will probably still animate

It will, and I think that's what he wanted to avoid having happen.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Worth noting that once the engine is shut down it doesn't matter what you do with its thrust lever, and many pilots will simply move all the levers together rather than leave one at idle (certainly a perfectly acceptable technique on the 744, can't speak for other types).

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2017 at 5:48 PM, skelsey said:

Worth noting that once the engine is shut down it doesn't matter what you do with its thrust lever, and many pilots will simply move all the levers together rather than leave one at idle (certainly a perfectly acceptable technique on the 744, can't speak for other types).

I've always wondered about that. I'm sure in a twin-engine jet, you could easily move just the one that worked and get away with it, but I can't imagine it being easy to NOT move the thrust lever of the affected engine on a Boeing 747-400 if it's either engine 2 or 3 that's shut down.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg