Sign in to follow this  
MrVantage

Move FSX Folder, FTX Centeral Playing Up

So I moved my FSX from my HDD to my SSD, and then I opened up FTX Central to double check everything was in order. I found out that I kept receiving messages saying it could not find a sceneryconfig under C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/FSX, when my FSX is installed under my D: drive! Then when trying to enter the settings it would give me two fatal error's, then the program would crash. After uninstalling and deleting everything with ORBX in its name, I decided to reinstall the program. I then found out that I could download the scenery, and when the download finished, it would say that it couldn't complete the download and asked me to retry. I done this a few times with the same result. Then this message popped up: https://gyazo.com/2adc786a9b029b708af2cd5702cfeb93

There was also several instances of FTX Central running: https://gyazo.com/7ed375137457d65df2fddd856b82e9c5

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Luke

Hi Luke,

1) Are you running FSX boxed or FSX Steam Edition? The FTX Central error message is about FSX-SE.

2) How did you move your FSX installation to your d: drive? Simply moving the FSX installation folder to another drive does not work.

Maarten

• Upvote 1

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hey Maarten, 

I am running FSX Steam Edition, and I have moved my FSX directory by using Steam's Install Folder tool (Right Click, Properties, Local Files, Move Install Folder). Is this ok or would I have to reinstall from scratch? I moved it from E: drive to D: drive.

On 8/18/2017 at 0:06 PM, mawibo said:

Hi Luke,

1) Are you running FSX boxed or FSX Steam Edition? The FTX Central error message is about FSX-SE.

2) How did you move your FSX installation to your d: drive? Simply moving the FSX installation folder to another drive does not work.

Maarten

Would you possibly know how to fix this?

Hi Luke,

FTX Central is looking for a C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg file. This means that FTX Central detects (from information in the registry) that both FSX boxed and FSX Steam Edition are installed on your computer. If it had detected that only one version of FSX (either boxed or steam) was installed, FTX Central would be looking for the C:\ProgramData\Microsft\FSX\scenery.cfg file. You probably deleted or uninstalled the boxed version before you relocated the steam edition to the d: drive, but the registry was not updated correctly during all of this. If you only have the steam edition installed and you do have a C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg file, you can use a registry editor to go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition key and check the value for the Co-Existence entry: if it's set to 1, set it to 0.

Maarten

13 hours ago, mawibo said:

Hi Luke,

FTX Central is looking for a C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg file. This means that FTX Central detects (from information in the registry) that both FSX boxed and FSX Steam Edition are installed on your computer. If it had detected that only one version of FSX (either boxed or steam) was installed, FTX Central would be looking for the C:\ProgramData\Microsft\FSX\scenery.cfg file. You probably deleted or uninstalled the boxed version before you relocated the steam edition to the d: drive, but the registry was not updated correctly during all of this. If you only have the steam edition installed and you do have a C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg file, you can use a registry editor to go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition key and check the value for the Co-Existence entry: if it's set to 1, set it to 0.

Maarten

Hey Maarten,

I have never installed the boxed edition to my computer. I have re-installed windows and flight sim recently (then moved with Steam's tool). I do not have a C:\ProgramData\Microsoft folder, I checked in Program Files x86 and Program Files, and there is no trace of any Microsoft folder, leading to my conclusion there must not be a FSX folder. Should I still change the registry value?

Luke

Hi Luke,

You really do have a C:\ProgramData\Microsoft folder, but this folder is a hidden folder. When looking for this folder in Windows Explorer, make sure that hidden items are visible (select the 'Hidden items' on the View ribbon tab). You can also simply type %ProgramData%\Microsoft in the address bar of Windows Explorer.

Maarten

1 hour ago, mawibo said:

Hi Luke,

You really do have a C:\ProgramData\Microsoft folder, but this folder is a hidden folder. When looking for this folder in Windows Explorer, make sure that hidden items are visible (select the 'Hidden items' on the View ribbon tab). You can also simply type %ProgramData%\Microsoft in the address bar of Windows Explorer.

Maarten

Hey Maarten

Ahh. My bad. The Co-Existence value was allready set to 0. Should I set to 1?

Cheers, Luke

Hi Luke,

No, don't do that, it will make matters worse. If I were you, I would go and ask the question at the official ORBX product support forum.

Maarten

1 minute ago, mawibo said:

Hi Luke,

No, don't do that, it will make matters worse. If I were you, I would go and ask the question at the official ORBX product support forum.

Maarten

Ok thank you, may I ask where that may be?

Cheers, Luke