Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Rex Texture Direct w/Softclouds

I thought I read that this was coming out yesterday but I can't seem to find it.  I was only able to see texture direct without soft clouds.  Has this been released yet?  If so, is there a fee if you have the v3 version?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I know the Texture Direct itself was released but i don't think TD with Soft Clouds was released yet.  No fee if you had it for v3. 

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Ok.. .I could have sworn I read it was supposed to be released yesterday.  Oh well, I will wait for the release. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

8 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok.. .I could have sworn I read it was supposed to be released yesterday.  Oh well, I will wait for the release. 

Yeah just checked.  Looks like next week 22 Aug.

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/announcement/18-prepar3d-v4-–-rex-product-update-8162017/

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

The bundle is supposed to be released on Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017.

Does anybody know how the bundle can be re-installed when before TD and SC where bought separately (i.e. with two serial numbers) and merged with the integration tool REX provided? With the tool, both packages could be combined into one application. Do I have to download TD or SC separately again? If yes, how do I combine them into one package?

For me it is not quite clear from the announcement whether the upgrade to the enhanced version can be done via the internal update function of the application (which would be great and most convenient) or whether a new re-install is necessary.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hi Folks,

Man - I wish they would make it fully compliant with ASCA... I'm an AS16 guy and don't ever see changing unless something truly drastic happens - would love to add REX to the mix though...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

If you bought them separately, you have to install them separately, which you can do right now.

If you bought them as the bundle it looks like it will be out, as already mentioned, by Tuesday.

13 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

The bundle is supposed to be released on Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017.

Does anybody know how the bundle can be re-installed when before TD and SC where bought separately (i.e. with two serial numbers) and merged with the integration tool REX provided? With the tool, both packages could be combined into one application. Do I have to download TD or SC separately again? If yes, how do I combine them into one package?

For me it is not quite clear from the announcement whether the upgrade to the enhanced version can be done via the internal update function of the application (which would be great and most convenient) or whether a new re-install is necessary.

I actually just posted this same question on the REX forum as I also had the original REX TD and separate soft clouds that was later integerated.  It's a little confusing!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

6 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I actually just posted this same question on the REX forum as I also had the original REX TD and separate soft clouds that was later integerated.  It's a little confusing!

Right, same situation here so I'll wait for some clarity about how to proceed.

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

According to their forum, the integration tool will be released on or before 8-22.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Man - I wish they would make it fully compliant with ASCA... I'm an AS16 guy and don't ever see changing unless something truly drastic happens - would love to add REX to the mix though...

Regards,
Scott

REX has its own cloud textures so not sure why you would want it compliant with another cloud texture program.  You can install only certain textures with REX so you could uncheck clouds and then it will install all the textures except clouds. 

I have AS16 and probably won't change either but I like REX textures and soft clouds so will stay with those.  They work together perfectly. 

• Upvote 2

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

9 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

I know the Texture Direct itself was released but i don't think TD with Soft Clouds was released yet.  No fee if you had it for v3. 

We released REX Texture Direct Enhanced Edition as of right now.  We are preparing REX Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds now as we speak.  This update will likely be available within about 24 to 48 hours.  The integration of Soft Clouds component will be after that.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

8 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,
Scott

We will not need this because of Environment Force and Sky Force.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

14 minutes ago, rstough said:

We released REX Texture Direct Enhanced Edition as of right now.  We are preparing REX Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds now as we speak.  This update will likely be available within about 24 to 48 hours.  The integration of Soft Clouds component will be after that.

How does the update work, can it be installed over the present installation or do you have to uninstall old and install latest? Also, if one is not using P3D V4, is there any point to installing latest version ?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How does the update work, can it be installed over the present installation or do you have to uninstall old and install latest? Also, if one is not using P3D V4, is there any point to installing latest version ?

FOR JUST THE UPDATE:

Updates through the REX application itself or the manual updates from our support forum will overwrite what is in the main folder with the latest key files.  Not need to uninstall the original version already installed.  This is all automatic and built into the installer.

FOR A FULL VERSION:

If you want the full version you will need to download that from the store you purchased from and you will need to uninstall the older version first before you install the newer version

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com