Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Rex Texture Direct w/Softclouds

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Is it possible to use Full Dynamic mode to get dynamic clouds in ASCA with REX4 TD+SC? I mean can we use the dynamic clouds in ASCA along with REX4 for other textures, such as waves, sun, sky colors, airport, lighting, etc? 

I would like to use REX4 for all other textures and use ASCA for the dynamic clouds.

No. REX4 doesn't allow texture integration with ASCA with dynamic or global mode.

That's where your ENVTEX investment comes in. Use ENVTEX textures & ASCA cloud in dynamic mode.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't like any of the textures in ENVTEX. So you're saying its not possible for us to use REX4 textures with ASCA at all? Not even non cloud ones such as wave, sky colors, lighting, sun, etc?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

9 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I don't like any of the textures in ENVTEX. So you're saying its not possible for us to use REX4 textures with ASCA at all? Not even non cloud ones such as wave, sky colors, lighting, sun, etc?

Negative. ASCA only changes your clouds & sky textures.

You manually install all the textures you like using the REX4 UI.

Then open ASP4 & ASCA. Make sure dynamic is the active profile and then go fly. ASCA will change textures and clouds during the flight.

If you want to use REX Textures & soft clouds, then disable in ASCA clouds & sky textures. But, you will be missing the benefits provided  by ASCA's dynamic mode.

I see, it's okay I can do without the full dynamic mode in ASCA for sky colors or cloud textures for the time being. I guess if I want to use REX4 for all my textures, then I don't even need to load up ASCA at all.

ASCA is for those who wish to use it's own sky color textures and clouds. But since ASCA can't use REX4's clouds in Full Dynamic mode, then I have no use for ASCA.

But you did say its possible to use REX4 Textures (excluding sky color and clouds) with ASCA's sky colors and clouds if I manually load up REX4 first, and change all my textures, and then load up ASCA, set it to full dynamic. This way I will get the dynamic sky color/cloud textures of ASCA along with my other textures from REX4? RIght? I guess this is the only way to get the best of both worlds for now until when or if REX4 decides to add ASCA intergration.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

I see, it's okay I can do without the full dynamic mode in ASCA for sky colors or cloud textures for the time being. I guess if I want to use REX4 for all my textures, then I don't even need to load up ASCA at all.

ASCA is for those who wish to use it's own sky color textures and clouds. But since ASCA can't use REX4's clouds in Full Dynamic mode, then I have no use for ASCA.

But you did say its possible to use REX4 Textures (excluding sky color and clouds) with ASCA's sky colors and clouds if I manually load up REX4 first, and change all my textures, and then load up ASCA, set it to full dynamic. This way I will get the dynamic sky color/cloud textures of ASCA along with my other textures from REX4? RIght? I guess this is the only way to get the best of both worlds for now until when or if REX4 decides to add ASCA intergration.

BINGO!

When you want to go full dynamic, use ASCA. You will still see a better sun & lens flare and beautiful water & animations. etc.

When you want to go manual, use REX4 + Active sky.

Do me a favor. Set a runway lighting color like blue or red and then go to a default airport and check to see if your runway lights are changing in p3d v4. Mine are INOP. Thanks.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

When you want to go full dynamic, use ASCA. You will still see a better sun & lens flare and beautiful water & animations. etc.

ASCA has sun, lens flare and water animations?

Okay will do and let you know in a bit!

Can somebody confirm if I will be able to use REX4 for sky color textures and everything else except cloud textures, and have ASCA in Full Dynamic mode with Cloud Textures only from my following screenshot?

This way I will be able to use the clouds from ASCA in full dynamic mode, but also get my sky colors from REX4.

asca.jpg

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Can somebody confirm if I will be able to use REX4 for sky color textures and everything else except cloud textures, and have ASCA in Full Dynamic mode with Cloud Textures only from my following screenshot?

Yes, the settings you have there should accomplish just that.  

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Awesome, I really hope HIFI and REX can come together to make their products work together like ENVTEX.

But this workaround also works as well. Since I can get ASCA's full dynamic mode with REX4's textures.

18 minutes ago, captain420 said:

This way I will be able to use the clouds from ASCA in full dynamic mode, but also get my sky colors from REX4.

asca.jpg

Looks like you're getting the hang of it.

One thing I noticed from the screen shot above, how come the clouds part isn't set to AUTO? I thought full dynamics should have all 3 on AUTO. That means the cloud textures will stay the same always then?

19 minutes ago, captain420 said:

One thing I noticed from the screen shot above, how come the clouds part isn't set to AUTO? I thought full dynamics should have all 3 on AUTO. That means the cloud textures will stay the same always then?

Full dynamic mode will override the auto setting and select from the available sets.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

So when ASCA is set to Full Dynamic mode, and I have my Sky Colors unchecked under 'Enabled Content'. Where will ASCA get it's Sky Colors from? Considering I am using REX4 for my Sky Color Textures.

It will use whatever is currently loaded in the sim. But they will not change dynamically - they will stay static as before changing only within the installed set.

Think of it this way - and it's the same for clouds, skies, etc.

In "normal" mode you select a SET which contains, let say 10 different cloud types and 10 different sky types

Let's say you have 10 of these SETS.

Usually you pick a set, install it and as you fly the weather engine will pick some clouds/sky from the INSTALLED set to show you. Looks great but you are limited to the 10 types within the set.

In dynamic mode, it works the same but ASCA has the ability to look and say that SET doesn't fit so they install a NEW SET and the selections come from there. So effectively, in my example, you have 100 types of cloud/skies to select from rather than 10. But ASCA can only do this with product that is compatible otherwise it stays in static mode.

Does that help?

And again - this is just an EXAMPLE - the number of items in a set and the number of sets is variable.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks for the explanation! As long as I can use ASCA's full dynamic mode for the clouds and REX4 for everything else, I'm fine.