Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

Missing center fuel tank in FFX/SGA 737-300 (and other...

I'm nuts about this airplane visually and the FDE seems reasonable, but it seems like most terrific planes (free or pay) have one significant fault. In this case it's the missing center tank. Now I guess it's possible that a few were made without them, but it certainly is not typical.Question is, is it possible to add this tank by somehow modifying the .air file, or is this integral to the .mdl? Now, just to ramble on a little, the FFX/SGA 737-*2*00 is also fantastic, but this one is far too heavy, having a max takeoff weight of 171,000 lbs and being loaded by default to about 140,000 with 70% fuel. Any body know of a better air file and aircraft.cfg that I could substitute? Or is this tied up in the model file also?And going back to the -300 for a minute, I've not been able to find a panel that's quite satisfying to me. Any suggestions, especially for the glass version. Hey, I just had a thought -- has anyone tried to merge the old Dreamfleet 2000 panel (for FS2002) with the FFX/SGA aircraft? That would be nice!Thanks to all! ...Dave

Hi,The fuel tanks are determined by the Fuel section of the plane's aircraft.cfg file. Very easy to add a center fuel tank if desired. However, the panel you use may not be designed to display it's contents or switch to it when needed. This is a panel problem, not one with the aircraft.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I didn't see the name of the first responder, but no, I had not seen that delsol site before. But they offer the same FFX/SGA 737-300 that I was asking about in the first place. Unless it's a newer or updated version? But I sure recognize the -200 panel by Richard Probst. I use it also -- superb!Tom - You're everywhere! Thanks for the info. After I read it, the 737-300 had all three tanks within a minute. Sometimes I have a habit of making things out to be more complicated than they really are. Should have just tried it before asking. The gauge problem you mentioned is understood. My panel does not have it, the creator having installed a taxi speed meter in its place. Handy, but hardly realistic. This should be easy to fix up if I can find a suitable fuel to substitute. Or maybe just use the same gauge as the left and right, since I'll rarely carry full center tank fuel anyway.But if I could just find a really good panel for it! Nobody said anything about the possibility of using the old Dreamfleet 2000 panel -- I'll give it a try, but I'm not that optimistic.And before asking anything further about the overweight 737-200, I think I'll try fooling around on my own a little first. My fear is that if I lower the weight it will be drastically overpowered, because performance seems to be about right as it is, and the thrust is specifed correctly. Maybe I'll try changing the thrust scalar to .7 or so, but I could be starting into a real mess with this approach...Thank you both! ...Dave

Dave,There's very good freeware panel that could be used for a B737-300 at http://www.pspanels.co.uk/. Ensure you scroll down the page for this panel. It does have a fuel gauge for a center tank. Have fun,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library