Sign in to follow this  
kseguin

AI Traffic Enable/Disable in Flight

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a hot key or shortcut to disable/enable AI traffic in prepard v4? Like most people with a moderate hardware setup, I get a bit of a FPS drop when I have AI traffic enabled, especially when approaching an airfield when all of the AI traffic at the airport populates. I really only enjoy AI traffic on the ground so it doesn't feel like I'm departing and arriving at empty airports. (not that I don't enjoy it in the air but I don't really NEED it)

Currently I enable it to 50% - hold short of the runway and then open the options menu to bring it to 0% and then depart.

Then when I land, after I vacate the runway I stop, open the options menu again and bump it back up to 50%.

I would just love a hotkey that could do that for me while in the sim rather than opening and closing the options menu.

Any assistance or knowledge of the matter would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Kristopher Seguin

Hi,

SimConnect client or gauge could do that. P3D V4 SimConnect has special functions for reading and setting all the traffic sliders, so it is not a big deal to create such a tool. But large changes of the sliders trigger a reload, don't they? Could be annoying too.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

There's a cool utility out there called SuperTrafficBoard. Among many other things, it allows you to manage the percentage of AI traffic and it has just come out with a P3Dv4 version last week. It can be run on a second computer too if you want to network it.

8 hours ago, kseguin said:

Fair point. Didn't think about the reload. Thanks for the input

I will look into it, see what happens. I think a gauge would be nice, where you could select slider presets without leaving the sim or accessing the menu.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

13 hours ago, kseguin said:

I was wondering if it is possible to create a hot key or shortcut to disable/enable AI traffic in prepard v4? Like most people with a moderate hardware setup, I get a bit of a FPS drop when I have AI traffic enabled,

FSUIPC includes assignable controls as detailed in the Advanced Users guide, in the section entitled Additional "FS" Controls added by FSUIPC.

Traffic Density Set (param 0-100)
Traffic Density Toggle (param 0-100)

The latter toggles between the value you set at parameter and 0. Or you can assign different buttons or keys to setvarious values using the first.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I absolutely did not know that about FSUIPC, I definitely don't know as much about FSUIPC as I should being that it is such a useful tool! I cant wait to check this out! Thanks for the reply Pete!

Kris

On ‎18‎-‎8‎-‎2017 at 9:08 PM, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

SimConnect client or gauge could do that. P3D V4 SimConnect has special functions for reading and setting all the traffic sliders, so it is not a big deal to create such a tool. But large changes of the sliders trigger a reload, don't they? Could be annoying too.

Best regards

Oliver, Pete, back in the days from Fs2000 there was a program that could adjust AG settings on the fly in order to maintain the choosen framerate. Don't remember the name but it worked without reloading. I had it and it worked great.

Just an idea.....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

FSUIPC has this function allready. I use it a lot during approach. (i have a yoystick control button to enable/disable)

You can even set the amount of AI traffic to load/unload via a hotkey or button if you want.

Only miss is road traffic which isnt affected.

Update : Ahh did not se Petes respond:biggrin:

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png