Sign in to follow this  
Nedo68

Static Cam problem with stuttering airplanes?

Hi, i discovered when trying to add new static cams as new tower position or so, the tracked airplane is stuttering, jumping around.

The same problem occurs when not tracking the airplane, i made a short video to demonstrate the problem. Btw. i use Prepar3D v4.

Left original Tower Cam, Right the Chase Plane static cam ( i positioned it close to the original tower just as an example)

Is there any help here??

Hi Nedo,

We are looking at various ways of achieving a smooth pan but as long as we have to support FSX, we will not be able to use the new tech in P3D to make it happen.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

5 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Hi Nedo,

We are looking at various ways of achieving a smooth pan but as long as we have to support FSX, we will not be able to use the new tech in P3D to make it happen.

Ok thank you for the info,i was about to create small movies with Prepar3D, but i can't use it this way,

hmmm what can i do, is there another way or tool what would be more useful for me, or any tips or tricks?

Thank you!

Nedo

On 19/08/2017 at 2:38 AM, Keven Menard said:

Hi Nedo,

Does that suggest you need a separate executable for each sim? Seems a pity this feature cannot be 100% successful in P3D because of the requirement for backward compatibility.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It's not a technical issue, it's a logical one.

There are a lot of cool features in P3Dv4 when it comes to the camera system. To implement those, we would have to rewrite a large part of the code to work with the new features. If we need to maintain the FSX compatibility on top of that, it complexifies things a lot. We want to bring as many features as possible to the FSX platform before splitting ChasePlane into 2 channels and integrating the features P3Dv4 has to offer.

We will work on those new features at some point but it's not logical to do it at this point in time.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

5 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

It's not a technical issue, it's a logical one.

There are a lot of cool features in P3Dv4 when it comes to the camera system. To implement those, we would have to rewrite a large part of the code to work with the new features. If we need to maintain the FSX compatibility on top of that, it complexifies things a lot. We want to bring as many features as possible to the FSX platform before splitting ChasePlane into 2 channels and integrating the features P3Dv4 has to offer.

We will work on those new features at some point but it's not logical to do it at this point in time.

Ah, v4 only, okay. Your earlier post suggested P3D which would have included v3.4 which I have. Makes sense.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry for the misunderstanding! 

We believe P3Dv3 will be something of the past in 12 months from now. Most people will have moved to v4 by that point. Obviously, if we split ChasePlane into 2 Channels, we will put FSX, P3Dv2/3 in one channel and P3Dv4/5 in another.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

How soon I switch over is all dependent on FS Labs and when or if they convert Concorde to 64-bit. If they don't they v3.4 will be staying on my system. As long as purchased software still works that's fine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

As long as purchased software still works that's fine.

Yep, no worry about that!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

FSX really needs to die, it's extremely old. That platform is holding us back.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

as a new user of chaseplane, i like it but i had to buy the "other" camera app because the external cams are smooth there,

so right now i use two tools ;-p

11 hours ago, captain420 said:

Comments like this really annoy me. How exactly are "you" being held back when Keven has already said there will be a separate stream for different sims?

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm generally speaking in a general sense. Not aiming this at any one developer or app. In order to move on, one has to let go of the past. FSX needs to be retired now that we finally have a 64bit Prepar3D. I want to see developers focusing their time & effort on making amazing add-ons using the new SDK and take advantage of what it has to offer. If one takes the time to develop for such an old platform, then all that time thats invested in there could be use elsewhere instead. Anyways, this is just my opinion.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

There are lots of people with a lot of money invested in FSX. Many of their 3rd party applications and scenery packages are not compatible with P3D v4 or even v3.4.

Yes, in an ideal world it would be easier for developers if there was a single sim but for practical reasons that isn't feasible and won't be for some time. Live and let live eh?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 8/21/2017 at 4:41 PM, captain420 said:

Actually IMHO, P3D V4 is  holding ChasePlane v1.0 back.  Before P3D v4 was introduced the issues list in the forum was rather small.  Once P3Dv4 popped up, the issues jumped dramatically.

Only Keven knows, but I will venture that had it not been for P3Dv4 that Chase Plane would be in v1.0 by now. 

Again, just my humble opinion. :smile:

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem