Sign in to follow this  
DavidP

Realair License Reset

Does anyone know if it is still possible to get your Realair license reset? I emailed Rob Young several days ago with no response so far, unless of course he is on holidays or something.

Has anyone been in contact with him lately in regards to this or other issues for existing customers after their shutdown?

David

David Porrett

59 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Does anyone know if it is still possible to get your Realair license reset? I emailed Rob Young several days ago with no response so far, unless of course he is on holidays or something.

Has anyone been in contact with him lately in regards to this or other issues for existing customers after their shutdown?

David

dont  know  if  this  helps

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I emailed him a week ago today and never got a reply.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

25 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Bit unfortunate really - fair enough if they want to close up but it would be nice to provide some relaxation of the activation rules so it can be reinstalled without having to ask for a reset. I'll try Pete's suggestion above but is an account issue I think. I had been installing into P3Dv4 a few times and ran out of activations.

David Porrett

Ran into this myself recently and frankly, it ticks me off.. I totally understand and accept the closing of their business, but could they have at least turned off the activation limits before hand? All of the products I bought from them over the years are useless now.

31 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

since he  has  shut  down  real air which mean most likely  he  has  shut  down his  email  account  as well,  yep  that  one  thing  he  could  have  done  is  turn off  the  activation   limits.   Maybe  some  else  may  have  a idea on  this

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 minutes ago, molleh said:

Ran into this myself recently and frankly, it ticks me off.. I totally understand and accept the closing of their business, but could they have at least turned off the activation limits before hand? All of the products I bought from them over the years are useless now.

IIRC, their initial announcement said that things such as this would still be available. Of course, if life changes, fair enough, but turn activations off. Hopefully of course nothing serious has occurred.

David Porrett

14 minutes ago, DavidP said:

IIRC, their initial announcement said that things such as this would still be available. Of course, if life changes, fair enough, but turn activations off. Hopefully of course nothing serious has occurred.

Peter kelberg

They should just release the aircraft on Avsim and make them free. Its better to do this then sting the people who invested in realair products and now can't reactivate. 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Easy my friends. Rob will respond. It took him a while to get back to me, but he did!

Rob & Sean are no longer in the FSXP3D addon business, but we are are trying to drag them back in because we love their planes and want to be able to install them.

They should definitely remove the activation limits or remove the need for online activation.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

You can simply send them a mail, or message and request a reset. I did that just one or two months ago

Cheers!

Maarten

23 minutes ago, Demious said:

You can simply send them a mail, or message and request a reset. I did that just one or two months ago

That's what I and it appears some others have done.

David Porrett

Hello,

Apologies that email response is not what it use to be. I am a little ill at the moment but do try to catch up every few days. I have been resetting many activations for many months but not at the frequency that used to be. Regarding activations, the person who pledged to remove the activation necessity after we closed seems to have disappeared, together with the code that can remove it. I'm therefore stuck for the time being with having to manually re-activate.

We did allow a very generous number of installs, and far more than almost all other activation-based developers. 

I will sort out whatever small queue there is sometime this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

Rob Young

• Upvote 3

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob, I am not in need for a reactivation, but I just wanted to thank you for your support despite of your health problem and wish you a prompt recovery.  I purchased many of your planes and still enjoy them a lot. Thank you!

Jean-Jacques Struyf

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

On 8/19/2017 at 6:13 AM, YukonPete said:

They should just release the aircraft on Avsim and make them free. Its better to do this then sting the people who invested in realair products and now can't reactivate. 

We haven't stung anyone. Please do not exaggerate. Currently I have a few people in the queue for reactivation. Many contact without any note of which email address they registered to and some also used a different name with no other info, making it difficult to trace their orders. Others offer very little information. If you are stuck please email with at least some relevant info and I will try to sort it out. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page