Sign in to follow this  
DavidP

Realair License Reset

Robert. You have given so much to our hobby and I'm sorry you are being subjected to criticism while at the same time dealing with a serious health problem. I absolutely respect the decision you made but wonder if you have considered the possibility of transferring all your former RAS products to one of the commercial sites such as Flight1 (I know some of your products are still available there) or SimMarket etc. If you let them handle both sales and security issues, you would still have some income from the products you so brilliantly produced without being responsible for "activations" and other such stuff.

Although I intended to do so, I didn't get your Spitfire package for FSX when I finally made the move to FSX-SE and truly regret that I missed out. I have your Spitfire XIV for FS9 and love it - it is one of the reasons I keep FS9 active. What made it so unique is not just the superb Spitfire XIV model, both visual and flight modelling, but that you went above and beyond by providing it an authentic period "home" and AI. I don't know of any other developer who has done that

Regardless of what you decide to do, I want to say a heartfelt thank you for enriching our hobby. In addition to your payware products, all of which are amazing and exceptionally good value, you also contributed enormously to other developers' understanding of flight dynamics. Your name is mentioned in many, many products, both freeware and payware, that are not RAS products but to which you gave technical assistance.

As an older guy who has had to battle cancer and Crohn's Disease, I know how it feels to be unable to do all the things you used to do. But in your darkest moments, I hope you never forget that you did some amazing things for so many people around the world. For many, flight simulation is far more than a mere hobby. For some it is the realization of a lifelong dream. For me it was the recapturing of the best days of my life and the ability, albeit limited to a computer screen, of experiencing again my flying days and recalling at least some of skills I once had. Not to mention the ability to "fly" a Spitfire!" Any pilot who doesn't have that desire isn't a real pilot! :-)

So thank you, thank you, thank you.

Cheers mate

Ian

• Upvote 3

I have just finished re-activating several people. Half of them offered incomplete info, or wanted free gifts which it is not my liberty to give because there are other authors involved. I am now up to date with responses. Thanks for your patience.

Ian, thanks for your kind post which is appreciated. Obviously I have considered the re-distribution idea, but it is not quite as simple as it first appears and I am not at liberty to go into the details. Thanks again for your encouraging post.

Meanwhile the RealAir website appears to have been hacked and I'm trying to sort it out.

Kind Regards,

Rob

• Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Rob,

No issues - no problems - no questions - - - just be well - sir...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

My good friend Scott is right. Focus your energy on being well. The other stuff can wait

Ian

After my angry post above, I should note that Rob reactivated my licenses. I'm also glad that he explained what happened behind the licensing issue honestly. I'm sure he'd rather not have to go this route, but it is what it is.

I have sent you rob an email with all my purchase details in hope to get the P3D installer for Turbine Duke v2.

Is this the right place to ask for it?

Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

6 hours ago, earthdog said:

I have sent you rob an email with all my purchase details in hope to get the P3D installer for Turbine Duke v2.

Is this the right place to ask for it?

Thanks.

Bert