Sign in to follow this  
wideloadwhit

No autogen, a lot of blurries on decent.

Hello team

I seem to be running into a bit of a situation with blurriness on decent. I checked out this thread here to no avail. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125808

This only happens when on the decent no matter what aircraft I have installed. The autogen fails to load and all the textures are blurry and unreadable.

i7 7700k 4.8ghz
1080ti 1950mhz boost clock
480GB PNY M.2 3GB/s

ORBX Global, Vector, LC

My Prepar3D Settings

FPS are on unlimited and VSYNC/Triple buffering on. 60hz monitor 60FPS.

The only tweak I use in the Prepar3d.CFG is Affinity Mask of 84. Without this my sim would stutter.

Any thoughts?
Ryan

Unlimited framerate can cause these kinds of problems.  The sim can't keep up.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

28 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Unlimited framerate can cause these kinds of problems.  The sim can't keep up.

I have no choice. I only have a 60HZ monitor and to be able to get a stutter free experience I have to use VSYNC which puts it at 60FPS on unlimited. Is there a way around this?

Try setting it to 30 fps in the sim.. if that does not solve it, 20.

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Try setting it to 30 fps in the sim.. if that does not solve it, 20.

I used to be able to run 30FPS fine in V3.4 but on V4 its extremely laggy with screen tearing. Will a monitor that supports 30Hz fix this issue?

Guest JetFueler

Looks to be a wide spread problem.  I have the same problem but not as bad as some it seems.  I have it regardless if I'm locked at 33 or unlimited (the two settings I use).

1 minute ago, JetFueler said:

Looks to be a wide spread problem.  I have the same problem but not as bad as some it seems.  I have it regardless if I'm locked at 33 or unlimited (the two settings I use).

The only thing that I can do is force the sim to refresh the scenery, but there is a risk of it crashing. Do you have a 30HZ screen?

6 minutes ago, wideloadwhit said:

I used to be able to run 30FPS fine in V3.4 but on V4 its extremely laggy with screen tearing. Will a monitor that supports 30Hz fix this issue?

You should not need a special monitor for this to work.. I have a 60Hz monitor, fps locked at 30, vsync and triple buffering on.

Bert

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

You should not need a special monitor for this to work.. I have a 60Hz monitor, fps locked at 30, vsync and triple buffering on.

Thanks for your help. I guess for the decent portion of the leg I will limit my FPS to 30 until final approach. That might seem to help. I will report back.

Ryan

I have a 4K TV thats capable of 60/30Hz...

I currently am running with unlimited frames, vsync off, triple buffering off...

Should I set my sim to 60fps locked and turn on vsync and triple buffering or even set it to 30fps locked with vsync on and triple buffering on?

Which would give me a smoother experience?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

24 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Should I set my sim to 60fps locked and turn on vsync and triple buffering or even set it to 30fps locked with vsync on and triple buffering on?

Which would give me a smoother experience?

You can't get a definite answer on that by asking on a discussion forum. It depends on what frame rate your sim can keep up with, which depends on your hardware and your graphics settings and what kind of flying you do. And it depends on what you would personally consider smooth. You will have to test and try it yourself.

It is just a few settings. It doesn't take long to test a bit and see what happens.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, wideloadwhit said:

Hello team

I seem to be running into a bit of a situation with blurriness on decent. I checked out this thread here to no avail. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125808

This only happens when on the decent no matter what aircraft I have installed. The autogen fails to load and all the textures are blurry and unreadable.

i7 7700k 4.8ghz
1080ti 1950mhz boost clock
480GB PNY M.2 3GB/s

ORBX Global, Vector, LC

My Prepar3D Settings

FPS are on unlimited and VSYNC/Triple buffering on. 60hz monitor 60FPS.

The only tweak I use in the Prepar3d.CFG is Affinity Mask of 84. Without this my sim would stutter.

Any thoughts?
Ryan

My PC has the same CPU and graphics card. You don't mention whether you have hyperthreading enabled? I discovered the AffinityMask tweak was causing blurries by restricting the cores available for scenery generation. Try removing the tweak. My scenery loading was greatly improved without an AffinityMask in my CFG. I had major blurries especially at the end of a flight. All was improved when I removed the AffinityMask.

Edited by Peter Webber
Additional comments added.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Here's a memo with some advice for p3d v4 users:

STOP TWEAKING YOUR CFG!

:biggrin:

Jose

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I also find that using an affinity mask makes the issue worse on my rig, I was running with a mask which essentially made my i7 an i5 (deliberately), taking the job scheduler out and allowing P3d to do what it wants with all available cores/threads greatly improved the situation for me.....but

The reason I masked the secondary threads was because my CPU cores 1 and 3 (skylane I76700K) were occasionally hitting 96c at stock speed with a  water cooler (seidon) at VCPU 1.3v, normally its sat at 30c and when running as an i5 never exceeds 60C. P3d4 really seems to be very aggressive when using hyperthreading

The compromise I have made now is to set a minimum fiber time of .25 to force the sim to do something with the wasted CPU cyles of running unlimited but capped in nvidia inspector at 25, this has improved the situation immensely.

My next session will look at masking hyperthreading on the cores that were overheating to see what effect it has on rendering and scenery loading.  

Guest JetFueler

I think in a way it's the same as asking if crunchy or creamy peanut butter is better.  Everyone has their own opinion on it and everyone gets different results. For me, I read some where that if you are going to lock your frame rate, to lock it 10% over your target.  It had something to do with the length of time a single frame is rendered and sometimes you get 'long' frames.  I'm not doing the explanation justice here, but I tried it and I liked it.

I've also been experimenting with unlimited frames but I don't like the fluctuations while flying airliners so I'm using 33 for tube flying.  I can tell you this much though- I have the autogen problem regardless of that setting.  For me the Autogen starts to pop back in as I come down through 4-5000ft, usually very near my location at first and then outward. It's always fully loaded by the time I'm setting up for my final approach so my issues aren't nearly as bad as what some people are describing.