Sign in to follow this  
byork

[19 AUG 2017] WEEKEND UPDATE!

Dear users:

I'm getting a lot of emails asking me what's happening with FS2Crew, so I'll answer them all in one place:

So where are we at?

PMDG 747 QOTS II Version

- Nearing completion.   We're just finishing off the voice sets and letting the testers spend more time with the product in an effort to identify any last minute bugs.  I can't give an exact release date, but it's pretty close.

- In terms of style, this product is similar to NGX Reboot, which you all know and love :gaul:.

- It supports out of the box FSX and P3D, including P3D V4 - 64 bits.

- It supports out of the box the 400 Pax and Freighter Version.  

Ultimate Ground Crew X

- It's still alive!  I received a new build just recently from my UGCX programmer.  It had some issues, so I sent it back to him.  This is an extraordinarily complex project, and it'll be ready when it's ready.  We won't rush it out the door.  It has to be as perfect as possible.

Pilot Assist Pro for Apple IOS (iPad/ iPhone)

- This is our revolutionary new Apple app.  It's meant for real-world aviation, but simmers can use it, too.  You're going to love it.  It's amazing.  It's one of the best and most modern IOS apps for pilots I've ever seen.  Most are clunky, but this one is beautiful and modern.

- ETA: 8 to 10 weeks give or take is the goal.  

Here's a live testing shot.

18118513_1841254366201671_12863530435676

Other stuff:

- Time permitting, I'd like to make a P3D V4 64 bit version of FS2Crew for the iFly.  We'll see.

- We have a secret project for FSX/P3D that we'll start on after UGCX.  It's different.  It's not flight or ground crew related.  More later :gaul:

• Upvote 3

no chance for something different than Boeings ? E.g. Aerosofts CRJ, according to them it`s very successful and they also seemed interested (according to forum comments) in FS2Crew.

Regarding the IPad App, well, why not for Android ? Sure many Airline Crews get IPads, but do flight simmers really own that expensive Apple stuff ? Among those I know personally or met during meetings, no one had an IPad. Just Android.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

30 minutes ago, byork said:

Dear users:

I'm getting a lot of emails asking me what's happening with FS2Crew, so I'll answer them all in one place:

So where are we at?

PMDG 747 QOTS II Version

- Nearing completion.   We're just finishing off the voice sets and letting the testers spend more time with the product in an effort to identify any last minute bugs.  I can't give an exact release date, but it's pretty close.

- In terms of style, this product is similar to NGX Reboot, which you all know and love :gaul:.

- It supports out of the box FSX and P3D, including P3D V4 - 64 bits.

- It supports out of the box the 400 Pax and Freighter Version.  

Ultimate Ground Crew X

- It's still alive!  I received a new build just recently from my UGCX programmer.  It had some issues, so I sent it back to him.  This is an extraordinarily complex project, and it'll be ready when it's ready.  We won't rush it out the door.  It has to be as perfect as possible.

Pilot Assist Pro for Apple IOS (iPad/ iPhone)

- This is our revolutionary new Apple app.  It's meant for real-world aviation, but simmers can use it, too.  You're going to love it.  It's amazing.  It's one of the best and most modern IOS apps for pilots I've ever seen.  Most are clunky, but this one is beautiful and modern.

- ETA: 8 to 10 weeks give or take is the goal.  

Here's a live testing shot.

18118513_1841254366201671_12863530435676

Other stuff:

- Time permitting, I'd like to make a P3D V4 64 bit version of FS2Crew for the Level-D 767 and iFly.  We'll see.

- We have a secret project for FSX/P3D that we'll start on after UGCX.  It's different.  It's not flight or ground crew related.  More later :gaul:

Thanks for the update Bryan! 

I have a few issues with my fs2crew 777 and I'll open a thread for that later. 

Secret project.... Hmm maybe a atc program? A fs2crew atc program would be fantastic! 

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

1 hour ago, mikealpha said:

no chance for something different than Boeings ? E.g. Aerosofts CRJ, according to them it`s very successful and they also seemed interested (according to forum comments) in FS2Crew.

Regarding the IPad App, well, why not for Android ? Sure many Airline Crews get IPads, but do flight simmers really own that expensive Apple stuff ? Among those I know personally or met during meetings, no one had an IPad. Just Android.

We'll see about the CRJ.  Just maintaining what we have is a full time job in and of itself.

Android:  Based on our experience, the Apple Market is much more supportive of payware addons.  Our experience with Android is most Android users want everything for free, or supported by ads, which doesn't work for us.

2 hours ago, byork said:

Other stuff:

- Time permitting, I'd like to make a P3D V4 64 bit version of FS2Crew for the Level-D 767 and iFly.  We'll see.

Do you know more than we know? The Level-D 767 is not compatible with P3Dv4, only with 3.4. And I have never heard of a Ifly 767. Do you mean the CS 767?

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

1 hour ago, byork said:

We'll see about the CRJ.  Just maintaining what we have is a full time job in and of itself.

Android:  Based on our experience, the Apple Market is much more supportive of payware addons.  Our experience with Android is most Android users want everything for free, or supported by ads, which doesn't work for us.

Hm, I have read something similar about the general Android vs. IPad payware market, but is that applicable at all for flight simulator enthusiasts ? 

Well, CRJ would be great, somewhat a breath of fresh air. There`s nothing wrong with your Boeing products, but overall focused on 737/747/777, well maybe 767 as well. The Boeing philosophy becomes a bit repetitive. FS2Crew has somewhat developed to Boeing2Crew. 

I have bought 13 FS2Crew products over the years. I still think FS2Crew Maddog was the best, because the most immersive product. It was, how shall I say, different :-). 

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

33 minutes ago, Chrjs said:

Do you know more than we know? The Level-D 767 is not compatible with P3Dv4, only with 3.4. And I have never heard of a Ifly 767. Do you mean the CS 767?

I do not think Bryan is directly referring to an iFly 767 as there is no such plane.What he most probably is referring to is the iFly 747, or 737.

8 hours ago, Chrjs said:

I must be getting old.... I thought they released a P3D V4 update hahahah..... getting senile!

14 hours ago, byork said:

Being Android user, it would definitely be cheaper to pay Pilot Assist Pro for Android, than buy, in my opinion, an overestimated and ridiculous expensive Ipad, just for

Pilot Assist Pro.

• Upvote 1

We have a secret project for FSX/P3D that we'll start on after UGCX.  It's different.  It's not flight or ground crew related.  More later 

A separate product called Loadmaster that allows you to take control of every aspect of loading a cargo aircraft with cargo!? 😉😄🙏 that’s my dream anyway. I would love to see a product like it. Eagerly waiting Ultimate Ground Crew X

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am going to go on a limb here, but first I want to say I absolutely love FS2Crew and always crave something new from them.

That said, looking at a multitude of airliners out there that need TLC, and even some business aviation stuff, and comparing wishes to the GREAT experiences of your current product line, I honestly feel a bit nervous about a move by FS2Crew to move away from flight/ground crew coding.  I honestly don't want to see you guys do what some companies do and lose quality due to trying to expand out too much into random things.  

With that said, I hope this secret project does not effect progression forward for what a lot of us know and love FS2Crew for ... the "Crew" part of the title.  You guys are a checklist item when i am looking to buy a new airliner.  I actually hold off from buying a lot of airliner add-ons if FS2Crew is not going to be available for them (this is actually why I am not moving forward with the FSL A320 and waiting for Aerosoft to update theirs instead).  

I also remember before FS2Crew stating that an add-on for the CRJ will never ever happen.  It sucks, but I bought her anyway and hope that someday you change your mind, because it truly is a spectacular aircraft.  I just hate flying it "solo".

You guys are awesome.  Keep up the great work.  just don't stretch yourself thin to where we lose what we love you guys the most for - an outstanding flight crew experience on our favorite aircraft.