Sign in to follow this  
monitron

PROP LOW P

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this if posted before, I have had a search and found nothing.

I purchased the PC12 two days ago and it's smooth flying so far except for one thing: PROP LOW P.

The second I turn battery power on, this alert appears and will not disappear. I start the engines to the book, never over torque the engine etc. but the light stays on.

Could it be a bug in my setup of a Saitek throttle quadrant causing this or something else?

Thanks

Brett

I see the same thing and don't understand why it's on, it means Low Pitch on the prop but I don't know if the condition level is suppose to control it or if the throttle needs to be above the 1st detent?

Cheers

Martin

• Upvote 1

Interesting as I've never seen this caution on ground. IRL it comes on if the powerlever is below flight idle when the plane is not on the ground.

try hitting and holding your prop increase key - I have mine mapped differently. the prop is adjustable - not sure if it should be or not. But you can do it using key commands only.

Ciao!

There's no prop control lever on the real one, hence you can't control prop RPM (and you shouldn't do this in the sim either as it screws up the correct throttle/RPM relationship).

It's definitely a bug.

Ah ok. I'll try to change the RPM but I don't really want to mess things up. The plane flies normally but I guess we just like to know we are doing things correctly and so it annoys me being on.

Thanks

Do you guys ever see 100% torque? I don't get past 84-86%. Could that indicate that the RPM isn't right in the background?

Don't have the PC-12 installed presently but AFAIR torque is indicated in PSI, not %.  Max T/O is 43.3psi.

However, if you don't manually change the prop pitch everything will be correct.

I tried Control + 4 and the RPM increased a bit. Now the PROP LOW P warning disappears when I throttle up and the aircraft has a lot more performance. For some reason upon loading, the RPM is wrong in the aircraft and it needs this tweak. Thanks Brian and thanks all.

On 21-8-2017 at 0:14 AM, monitron said:

I tried Control + 4 and the RPM increased a bit. Now the PROP LOW P warning disappears when I throttle up and the aircraft has a lot more performance. For some reason upon loading, the RPM is wrong in the aircraft and it needs this tweak. Thanks Brian and thanks all.

Hiya,

Works as designed, the aircraft starts in ground idle (that's why you get the warning), before take-off you must select flight idle (CTRL+F4).

Regards,

Marcel

PS, from POH

3.6.6 PROPELLER - LOW PITCH
Indications: CAWS PROP LOW P warning caption and voice callout
“Warning, Prop Low Pitch”. Possible excessive
propeller speed or height loss.
1. PCL Ensure forward of idle detent.

PROP LOW P Indicates propeller has gone below the minimum in-flight
pitch (6°) with the airplane not on the ground. A voice callout “Warning Prop Pitch” will be heard.

1 hour ago, mgr said:

Works as designed, 

No, it doesn't. The POH says: ...with the airplane not on the ground.

Be curious if you do a clean install of the aircraft. I had an issue when I did a clean install of v2 where the AOA ice warning message stayed on even with the appropriate de-ice buttons on. A reinstall fixed it.

Hi,

Looked in the gauge-code, the warning should not show when on the ground, that's the intent, seems not to work.:dry:

Besides this it seems the ground/flight idle/cut-off handle is coupled to the mixture (CTRL+SHIFT+F1/F4) and not the rpm (CTRL+F1/F4). So how this supposed to work in FSX, i do not know... :blush::blink:  Real life it's a combination of fuel-cut off and RPM.

Regards,

Marcel

PS the gauge-code can easly be correct, gauge: GAUGEPC12, Gauge_Anum_DOWN_PC12.xml

Search and replace the following line:

<Visibility>(A:SIM ON GROUND,bool)! (A:PROP RPM:1, rpm) 1000 &lt; and</Visibility> 

With

<Visibility>(A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) 0 == (A:PROP RPM:1, rpm) 1000 &lt; and</Visibility> 

• Upvote 1

Found the file, renamed with .txt so I could edit, changed back to .xml and now how to I get it back into the .CAB file? If I extract the .CAB file how then to I re-pack it?

Thanks - Martin