Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

What's the best business jet for P3D mid 2017?

Another alternative is the recently-released CRJ. I think there are still a few issues that need to be ironed out but the CRJ exists in capacities as a private/business jet (e.g. Google image search tail number VP-BCL). There's at least one business jet livery on Aerosoft's download page but I suspect there will be more coming, especially if you ask.

It fits all of the criteria...

13 minutes ago, garrett_frank said:

Another alternative is the recently-released CRJ. I think there are still a few issues that need to be ironed out but the CRJ exists in capacities as a private/business jet (e.g. Google image search tail number VP-BCL). There's at least one business jet livery on Aerosoft's download page but I suspect there will be more coming, especially if you ask.

It fits all of the criteria...

A bit too close to the NGX being used by airlines.

I'm more interested in a small private type of kind business jet to just have some fun being able to go to airports where I can't go with the NGX and so on but still in a both good looking and realistic aircraft featuring all systems I need to fly online on Vatsim complying with ATC instructions etc.

Thanks anyway for the tip. 

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Many jets do retrofitting of avionics packages

I doubt anyone is ripping out Proline 21 systems in favour of a Garmin GTN750 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Glynn said:

They would be doing it in real life too all the time if they were developed by Carenado.

• Upvote 8

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Just now, klamal said:

They would be doing it in real life too all the time if they were developed by Carenado.

:biggrin:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the Flight1 Mustang hasn't been mentioned so far.  It's 10 years old, only occasionally maintained, has black screen issues people have to fight through, no VNAV, can't use airways.  They are working on a version for P3D4.  It's really fun to fly on short trips when you get it working.  The G1000 is fairly functional apart from airways and VNAV.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I actually flew the Mustang many years ago and remember I liked it but I also remember it was quite heavy on the FPS.

However these days and the type of flying I do today I don't think it would be my model of choice.

Richard Åsberg

7 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

I actually flew the Mustang many years ago and remember I liked it but I also remember it was quite heavy on the FPS.

However these days and the type of flying I do today I don't think it would be my model of choice.

It *needs* an overhaul.  At the time it was made it was very well done but heavy on systems that existed then.  These days it's not so bad on frames...fairly decent hardware can maintain a good framerate.  But, after it was created it didn't get much in terms of updating beyond the yellow banana.  It needs its textures updated, VNAV, airways and ability to save a flight plan.

Honestly, I don't see a bizjet that I want coming out in the next two+ years.  Maybe the Avanti from Milviz.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

8 hours ago, Glynn said:

Actually for this plane the G3000 based Prodigy Touch is an optional replacement for the G1000 and  is very similar to the  GTN750 and its touchscreen technology so not a stretch. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

14 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the Flight1 Mustang hasn't been mentioned so far.  It's 10 years old, only occasionally maintained, has black screen issues people have to fight through, no VNAV, can't use airways.  They are working on a version for P3D4.  It's really fun to fly on short trips when you get it working.  The G1000 is fairly functional apart from airways and VNAV.

I miss my F1 Mustang, but I just picked up the Carenado Premier 1 (thanks to Bert) and it's outstanding. This one I will enjoy for a long time.

BTW, did you notice that your beloved PA46 is now available for p3d v4?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Aside from the Milviz Lear there was a mystery Lear60 that appeared on Airdaily a while back - haven't seen ANYTHING more about it

edit here is the link http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2016/7/30/prepare-to-be-blown-away

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

16 hours ago, klamal said:

Yes, but the truth is the real avionics are held to very high aviation standards of safety and reliability. Thus an aircraft with a modern avionics is rarely downgraded to a lesser avionics package. What you do generally see is older aircraft that are not RNAV1 / RNP1 upgrading their pits. Older King Airs, Citations, and even Lears are making the jump to either a Garmin Based or one of many avionics packages like the Universal Avionics 890. 

You may see an old EFIS 85 get a GTN750 added on, but I am unaware of any real aircraft that ripped out a Pro Line 21 or G1000 for a GTN750. 

18 hours ago, Chock said:

Not PMDG level nor V4 compatible (as far as I know), but not bad features-wise (since it is made in partnership with Dassault, so it has the HUD and other things like those on the real aeroplane) and it is a little unusual compared to most small jets (in that it is a three-holer). It does have a glass cockpit too (with four massive PFDs), this being the Wilco Dassault Falcon 7X tri-jet. It's pretty inexpensive (20 quid), so possibly worth a punt without getting too heartbroken over the price if it doesn't blow your socks off:

https://www.justflight.com/product/wilco-dassault-falcon-7x

I'd highly suggest searching for Wilco Falcon on this forum (a thread locked by AVSIM) where multiple people who have purchased this product complained about the many, many issues with this aircraft. I purchased a copy and it's in the garbage bin because of the problems. I put it under the label of I should have known better than to purchase a Wilco product.

"but I am unaware of any real aircraft that ripped out a Pro Line 21 or G1000 for a GTN750. "

Who cares? Your pretending to fly a jet on a computer so just pretend to install a GTN 750 :)

• Upvote 2

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

18 hours ago, N400QW said:

Eaglesoft has a Facebook Page accessible via the FB Link in upper right of our Main Website. There you may see "in sim" shots of current development of our line of Generation Three Extreme Corporate Aviation products. In addition you will see changes to our Main Site and Forums as time and workloads permit.

While full feature lists will not be presented prior to Alpha/Beta Test Stage announcements we can say that Current Development Catalog is for 32 Bit Simulation Platforms such as FSX Gold, FSX Steam Edition, and P3Dv3.

We can also state that we will have a 64 Bit Catalog for 64 Bit Simulation Platforms such P3Dv4. Time frames for accomplishing these goals remain fluid and we hope users understand the workload involved for all concerned.:gaul:

Ron,

Thanks for the update. Not trying to stomp on the good work you are doing.