Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

What's the best business jet for P3D mid 2017?

Still if the FSX version is some time away, and reading that a P3D v4 release is "fluid," it could be a while lol

i get FSX I really do - it's still a sim lots use, but it's dead to me.  It's still an entertainment sim.  My question is why anyone would use P3D v3 - the OOM's alone are a great reason to use v4 forever.  

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Still if the FSX version is some time away, and reading that a P3D v4 release is "fluid," it could be a while lol

i get FSX I really do - it's still a sim lots use, but it's dead to me.  It's still an entertainment sim.  My question is why anyone would use P3D v3 - the OOM's alone are a great reason to use v4 forever.  

Yeah I'm not sure why some devs are still putting 32-bit platforms ahead of 64-bit (QW's 787 comes to mind, and now Eaglesoft apparently), even developing for the non-Steam version of FSX. Eaglesoft hasn't released anything truly new in years so I won't be holding my breath, that's for sure!

• Upvote 1

Just a quick note to add to this topic.  I came across this thread yesterday.  Saw the discussion and saw that the FSW Lear 35 had been reissued with a P3dv4 installer and the 64 bit dll for its control panel.  Thinking, I don't have a biz jet yet I downloaded an installed the software (I already owned it for P3dv3).

For me, it more than met my expectations.  Installer worked.  Had checkbox to install my GTN Combined 750 which worked perfectly.  All sounds, functions, and flight characteristics are as I remember them.  All in all a great addition to my v4 aircraft livery.

If you already own it, its a no-brainer that you need to get the update and install it.  If you are looking for a small biz jet, the FSW Lear 35 is a worthy contender IMO

My 2 cents,

-Braun

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Aside from the Milviz Lear there was a mystery Lear60 that appeared on Airdaily a while back - haven't seen ANYTHING more about it

edit here is the link http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2016/7/30/prepare-to-be-blown-away

Looked really interesting but noticed the article was written more than a year ago (July 2016) and the article said expected release was Q1 2017 so I guess we'll see if and when this model is released.

Richard Åsberg

3 hours ago, KenG said:

I'd highly suggest searching for Wilco Falcon on this forum (a thread locked by AVSIM) where multiple people who have purchased this product complained about the many, many issues with this aircraft. I purchased a copy and it's in the garbage bin because of the problems. I put it under the label of I should have known better than to purchase a Wilco product.

Yeah, Wilco sets off some alarm clocks over here as well. The model looks nice though...

Richard Åsberg

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

I miss my F1 Mustang, but I just picked up the Carenado Premier 1 (thanks to Bert) and it's outstanding. This one I will enjoy for a long time.

BTW, did you notice that your beloved PA46 is now available for p3d v4?

In terms of Carenado, I have hangared so many, so soon after getting them that I've just become jaded about them...glass in particular.  For all the hope I have for them....

Yeah, I saw the Mirage was updated...for a long time I've been hoping they'd add GTN750/650 support when they did the update...ah well.  When I get a new 530/430 I'll be flying it again. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Duplicate post.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

11 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I don't see a bizjet that I want coming out in the next two+ years

This makes me wonder again why it is that so few serious developers are interested in this type of aircraft.

Is it because they are very complicated to develop or because it's hard finding the required information or what...I really have to wonder.

Certainly it's not because a lack of interest within the community!

Richard Åsberg

10 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

This makes me wonder again why it is that so few serious developers are interested in this type of aircraft.

Is it because they are very complicated to develop or because it's hard finding the required information or what...I really have to wonder.

From what I understand, yeah, they can be as complicated as a commercial jet, if not more so. 

Gregg Seipp

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

From what I understand, yeah, they can be as complicated as a commercial jet, if not more so. 

I would like to think the skill required is found at least with some of our developers so I'll keep my fingers crossed we'll one day have the type of business jet so many of us have been wishing for for so long.

With aircraft such as the one from PMDG, FSLabs and to a certain degree those from Aerosoft I really do like to think they should be able to produce a similar business jet.

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

In terms of Carenado, I have hangared so many, so soon after getting them that I've just become jaded about them...glass in particular.

Would you like to expand on this a bit?

The way I see it from the input so far in this thread the Carenado models to me seem to be the best available options at least from a visual perspective. If you then add the external Flight1 GTN modules you have a fairly good looking and competent model or am I missing something?

Richard Åsberg

I think one reason why some devs are going with x86 platforms still is  because of the legality.  Without getting this thread closed hehe, the EULA on P3D and FSX is quite different.  And developing an "entertainment " addon can technically only fit into a sim whos' EULA supports it.  

Additionally, some of these devs started on their wares years ago (the two mentioned above), and at this current rate, are being eclipsed by newer sims and the x64 platforms.  In other words, you work so hard for years on complex avionics only to find out your product no longer works in x64.

Ive seen the same issues in XP10, when 64bit came out, many addons weren't compatible- it's a blessing and a curse (for devs) with constantly evolving sims.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

31 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Would you like to expand on this a bit?

The way I see it from the input so far in this thread the Carenado models to me seem to be the best available options at least from a visual perspective. If you then add the external Flight1 GTN modules you have a fairly good looking and competent model or am I missing something?

They are pretty much the ONLY available. But that doesn't make them anywhere near good or the best. Visually, carenado is good, yes. But that's the complete end of it. They aren't even in the same solar system when it comes to development quality and capabilities compared to the likes of PMDG and FSLabs. With the GTN, sure, you can fly online competently. But no where close to realistically like you can in a PMDG or FSLabs aircraft.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

That's not totally accurate - afterall we're still all sitting in front of our monitors lol.  For Carenado's glass aircraft I pretty much agree, but their analogue planes, while they do have some issues, can be pretty good 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

6 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Ryan, if you are referring to our post, let's understand that 32 Bit simulator platforms such as FSX Gold, FSX Steam, and P3Dv3 remain viable platforms and we will continue developing for that platform and add the 64 Bit platform projects as workload and allows.:cool:

PS: The LM P3D Eula allows development for the Academic Versions but let's not go back the Eula discussions which are prohibited here.:blush:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png