Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

What's the best business jet for P3D mid 2017?

15 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

Eaglesoft is very different in that regard. Their implementation of a Honeywell Primus 2000 avionics suite in the Citation 750 is highly accurate, and I'm sure their upcoming releases will be equally good.

Jim, the airframe specific Collins Proline 21 Avionics Suite shows promise to surpass the Honeywell Primus Suite in ways we can't yet speak about but you are on the right track.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

10 minutes ago, slait said:

I think some of the concert is that it sounds like 64 bit development, from your own statement, is a best effort when we get time kind of thing. Considering the velocity of development efforts that are your primary focus, there is skepticism that a 64 bit version is anything but a long way down the trail.

Actually we can't state time frames but we are still ok with being late to the party. :cool:

This is not our first rodeo with new development twists and turns and is not our first taste of the "feeding frenzy" and impatience that often accompanies anything new in the FS World.:cool:

Quality and realism, with rich feature lists takes time, be it 32 or 64 Bit but please note that we will have a place at the table.:gaul:

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

2 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

A Question, how do you update the data on the GTN 750. I purchased it but it looks like you are locked into the data on the training database.

Every now and then Garmin will release a software update to a newer database. If you have a 5xx, 6xx or 7xx device in a real aircraft you can copy the files from the SD NAVDATA card and install it onto the PC with the trainer.  

Realize that the GTN Trainer is an avionics CBT for pilots who use this product in an actual aircraft. It is a push button level trainer and accurate Navdatabase is secondary to procedural training. 

While we are all waiting for that dream v4 small jet I recommend the FSW Lear. It has a very good and very smooth autopilot and with the GTN 750 does everything I want it to plus windscreen rain effects and you can also add most any weather radio into the panel, even the free one :)

I know some of you are not happy with the cockpit textures but I redo my own so it looks great to me. I did the original cockpit textures for this jet and so changing them is just part of the fun. 

cockpit%201a-X3.png

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I also own the Premier 1 and per usual for Carenado it is a slight improvement over their last PL21, but nowhere close to accurate. (I've got real world PL21 experience both using and teaching the system.) 

Carenado is and will always be good looking but simple aircraft. There are Carenado specific rules to using their systems effectively. For someone used to PMDG level accuracy Carenado will continue to be a letdown. 

That being said, the accuracy of the FDE is fairly nice and the airplane does have enjoyability while simulating. I have used Carenado and Alabeo aircraft online and just work with the controllers when I reach a point the aircraft is unable to perform to standard. I tell them I am /G minus. Most are more than willing to give me an initial heading or radar vector. 

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

Eaglesoft is very different in that regard. Their implementation of a Honeywell Primus 2000 avionics suite in the Citation 750 is highly accurate, and I'm sure their upcoming releases will be equally good.

So, looks like those of us wanting a more serious kind of business jet might have something to look forward to when Eaglesoft releases a new model.

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Thanks, can of course check YouTube clips but figured someone who already uses this nav module in here would know.

Richard Åsberg

35 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

So, looks like those of us wanting a more serious kind of business jet might have something to look forward to when Eaglesoft releases a new model.

That is certainly our goal WebMax so we suggest to those who are patient to stay tuned...:biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

26 minutes ago, N400QW said:

That is certainly our goal WebMax so we suggest to those who are patient to stay tuned...:biggrin:

Truly looking forward to it and please take your time to make it great both from a visual perspective with a true to life 3D modeled virtual cockpit that makes you feel you're in an actual aircraft also when using VR plus of course the systems simulation part discussed here allowing you to fly the aircraft online with confidence.

If you pull that off I think it will show in a very positive way on your bank accounts 😁

Richard Åsberg

Could someone please post the link to Paul's VC texture mods for the 35? I figure if he is kind enough to make them I should be kind enough to try them! :-)

TIA,

-Braun

Not sure I can post other sites links here but you can get them here at the Avsim library or the Flightsim.com library. Just use my name in the search box. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Not sure I can post other sites links here but you can get them here at the Avsim library or the Flightsim.com library. Just use my name in the search box. 

Thank you Paul.  I've already searched Avsim using your name and while I see a lot of A2A mods, I did not come across the Lear 35 VC textures.  If you could just provide the Link to the Avsim version of your Lear 35 VC textures, it would be very much appreciated.

-Braun

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

I guess it depends on the type of simmer that you are. Me thinks that the Carenado Premier 1 is an outstanding addon. I want to create a flight plan and request ATC clearance and let default atc vector me to destination's runway. The model is beautiful and the avionics get me from point A to point B. I'm not the only one who feels this way:

http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/ag/bs-390/bs-390.htm

Carenado does have a negative reputation with the community when it comes to fixing bugs, but they have created some very nice airplanes at a reasonable price point. This is one of them.

The only thing I wish is that they add weather radar support to the p3d v4 version of the airplane.

And that is Carenado's fan base. People that press ctrl+E to start the engines and nothing more complicated than that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

And that is Carenado's fan base. People that press ctrl+E to start the engines and nothing more complicated than that.

May i take umbrage with what you have said?  I own everything PMDG have produced (as it happens in some cases for both FSX and P3D), i have the FSL A320, A2A Connie, C182, PA225 and the MJQ400 and i still enjoy what Carenado offer.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

6 hours ago, N400QW said:

To repeat DJ..The 32 Bit catalog is nearer than you may think. We get that folks want 64 Bit and they want it NOW. :blink:

Quality and realism, with rich feature lists takes time, be it 32 or 64 Bit. We are ok with not being first to the party, but please note that we will have a place at the table.:gaul:

Actually I can hardly wait for the Extreme Corporate Aviation Series Citation X 750 "Generation Three" to complete to 64 Bit RTM myself.:biggrin:

Me too! Bring on the 64 bit Citation X 750!

Greg:biggrin:

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz