Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

What's the best business jet for P3D mid 2017?

52 minutes ago, btacon said:

Thank you Paul.  I've already searched Avsim using your name and while I see a lot of A2A mods, I did not come across the Lear 35 VC textures.  If you could just provide the Link to the Avsim version of your Lear 35 VC textures, it would be very much appreciated.

-Braun

I could not find it either. I uploaded to Avsim a couple days ago so wonder why it is not up yet?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

51 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

May i take umbrage with what you have said?  I own everything PMDG have produced (as it happens in some cases for both FSX and P3D), i have the FSL A320, A2A Connie, C182, PA225 and the MJQ400 and i still enjoy what Carenado offer.

But this is a discussion of "the best business jet" you don't come into a discussion of the best airliner and others mentioning PMDG and you say the bbs Airbus series. I'm not stopping you from enjoying a light systems airplane like Carenado but it should not be included in this discussion. And the person admitting they do not even fly the airplane like you'd in real life is more of a reason also.

I think as someone already said the important thing is not what aircraft you enjoy flying and whether you enjoy flying both aircraft like PMDG models as well as Carenado models but rather what kind of flying you're doing.

I do understand you can have lots of fun with Carenado type of simple models where fun is the important word. For those on the other hand like myself that prioritize flying aircraft that to a large degree resembles their real world counterparts as well as doing most flying online with again very realistic procedures these simple models clearly aren't your best option.

Simplified maybe you could say that for people who like to PLAY flight simulator Carenado type models might be a great option. For people who on the other hand like to SIMULATE real aviation models such as the ones from PMDG and similar developers are probably a better option.

Richard Åsberg

46 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I could not find it either. I uploaded to Avsim a couple days ago so wonder why it is not up yet?

Thanks again Paul, so its just not me...:-)

I will check back in a few days.  I'm sure they will appear soon and will be well worth the wait.

-Braun

21 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

But this is a discussion of "the best business jet" you don't come into a discussion of the best airliner and others mentioning PMDG and you say the bbs Airbus series. I'm not stopping you from enjoying a light systems airplane like Carenado but it should not be included in this discussion. And the person admitting they do not even fly the airplane like you'd in real life is more of a reason also.

Yes i agree, but what you have written here is far more nuanced than your previous statement.  You explicitly stated that the fan base of Carenado was people "Pressing CTRL-E" to start the engines; which by it's very nature includes me.  I wasn't making any comment regarding the offerings themselves, only that it is possible to enjoy these 'simple' aircraft as well as so called 'serious' simulations, they are not mutually exclusive.

I would encourage the 'OP' to perhaps try a Carenado aircraft (maybe wait for a sale) and make there own mind up.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

Carenado's avionics are typically suspect, and in many cases downright defective..

But, if you are willing to add aftermarket avionics, you actually end up with a very functional airplane :cool:

Not 'simple' at all..

Bert

24 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

I would encourage the 'OP' to perhaps try a Carenado aircraft (maybe wait for a sale) and make there own mind up.

That was my plan but as mentioned a couple of posts up after watching some clips I realized I won't be able to use these models for my type of flying.

Very happy though to hear what's coming from Eaglesoft around the corner which sounds very promising! 

Richard Åsberg

18 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Carenado's avionics are typically suspect, and in many cases downright defective..

But, if you are willing to add aftermarket avionics, you actually end up with a very functional airplane :cool:

Not 'simple' at all..

Yep, might be so but after what has been said here I think I'll wait for what is coming from Eaglesoft.

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Yep, might be so but after what has been said here I think I'll wait for what is coming from Eaglesoft.

I seriously worry that Caranedo's reputation for building beautiful models is actually not true in VR. In VR what I am seeing is they aren't accurate. In my Phenom 100, the yoke does not match up with the center of the pilot's seat but is approximately 3-4 virtual inches to the right! It might be fine on a flatscreen, but in VR it stands out like a sore thumb......Unless of course in real life it is like that?!?

26 minutes ago, glider1 said:

I seriously worry that Caranedo's reputation for building beautiful models is actually not true in VR. In VR what I am seeing is they aren't accurate. In my Phenom 100, the yoke does not match up with the center of the pilot's seat but is approximately 3-4 virtual inches to the right! It might be fine on a flatscreen, but in VR it stands out like a sore thumb......Unless of course in real life it is like that?!?

In real life, the seat, pedals, and yoke are not always neatly lined up... :happy:

Bert

The rudder pedals are off too by the same amount. They line up with the yoke but not with the seat. That would have to be dangerous in real life because you couldn't sit on the seat and then you couldn't buckle up properly either. VR is going to put a lot more scrutiny on the accuracy of the 3D modeling.

On 8/21/2017 at 10:10 PM, ukplane1 said:

Mod found here : http://forum.oav.gr/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1805

ISG gauges cost money though.

Questions:  Are these 2D popups or do they replace the 3D gauges?  How accurate are they for the C550?  How hard are they to integrate?  Do they work in P3D4?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I was thinking Corenado Phenom 300 but now considering the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 v.2.1 :)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

46 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I was thinking Corenado Phenom 300 but now considering the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 v.2.1 :)

I have the Phenom 300 and it's fun to fly by hand but not much more.  The Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 looks very well done but I'm wondering what 3rd party equipment will fit in that slot?  E.g. can you put a RealityXP GNS530 and a REX wx radar in there?  That'd be pretty cool.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM