Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

What's the best business jet for P3D mid 2017?

I was very surprised how good the Lear 25 is from Xtreme Prototypes.

That kind of surprised like with the AOA Connie where you go wow this this is completely awesome.

Very accurate systems and the flight model feels right with astonishing performance. My only flight in the early Lear waa a blur of altimeters and brain lag.

Easily the best business jet on the market from a systems and handling and the visual model is gorgeous.

Excellent support to.

Darren Howie

I made flight video of my last flight in the Lear from Stavenger to Helsinki that you may or may not be interested in. I'm definitely no videographer, but hopefully it gives you an idea of what to expect with the aircraft.

• Upvote 2

- Aaron

Comparing the Carenado Phenom (latest version, not sure if 100 or 300) and the Aerosoft CRJ, which one would offer the best realism (systems and flight model) at this point in time?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 20.9.2017 at 4:10 PM, slait said:

I made flight video of my last flight in the Lear from Stavenger to Helsinki that you may or may not be interested in. I'm definitely no videographer, but hopefully it gives you an idea of what to expect with the aircraft.

thats look awesome! 
didn't bought it yet but I really think they in the same level beside A2A and PMDG .

20 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Comparing the Carenado Phenom (latest version, not sure if 100 or 300) and the Aerosoft CRJ, which one would offer the best realism (systems and flight model) at this point in time?

If you add an F1 GTN750 to the Carenado Phenom300, you end up with a very capable and complete airplane..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=53360&title=gtn-in-phenom-300

• Upvote 2

Bert

The more I fly the Xtreme Prototypes Lear25 the less I want to fly anything else!

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you add an F1 GTN750 to the Carenado Phenom300, you end up with a very capable and complete airplane..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=53360&title=gtn-in-phenom-300

I fly the Phenom with Bert's GTN 750 Mod. It's a beauty! The vertical speed works well in either VS or Speed Hold mode, so you can control vs with your thrust.

The LNav follows your GPS route accurately, or you can fly VOR to VOR in Nav track.

The Phenom is P3dV4 ready as is the GTN 750.  The sim gets my vote.

Best regards.

• Upvote 1

It seems that the flight sim Biz Jet world has not progressed as the commercial jet world as far as "quality", meaning PMDG/FSL standard. Some nice looking biz jets out there; just their systems seem to let them down. As I have FSX and P3Dv4, maybe 2018 will improve the supply?

I was very very tempted to buy during the Carando sale, but due to lots of, "looks pretty, but systems only fair", turned me off...again.

I just saw that Flysimware has a sale at present for their Learjet A35 at USD$20.99, with the option to update with the Flight1 GTN 650/750 Garmin, but at a whoping USD$64.95.

Also see the Extreme Prototype Learjet A25 at USD$49.95, again with the option to update the G500 with the Flight1 GTN 650/750. Both the A35 and the A25 seem pretty good aircraft!

There are issues with not being able to update the AIRAC economically from Garmin though I did read that Navigraph are able to be used in certain circumstances with one aircraft?

I suppose this means if the AIRAC is out of date, then the flight plan needs to be created from what ever NavAids are about and all SIDS/STARS need to be built manually best you can.

Can any of the Biz Jets follow airways, or is it more nav aid to nav aid?

I was also looking at the Flight1 Kingair, as this comes with the G1000, but, as I have P3Dv4, I will need to wait until it is released some time in 2018, maybe for at least USD$54.95 Flysimware sale have their Cessna 441 Conquest ll for USD$17.49, with the GTN 650/750 Flight1 option to update. 

Decisions decisions.....maybe for me, I will go with the Flysimware Learjet A35 at USD$20.99, AND Cessna 441 Conquest ll for USD$17.49 and not purchase the GTN 650/750 and wait to see what 2018 brings. 

Geoff Bryce

13 minutes ago, por930 said:

maybe for me, I will go with the Flysimware Learjet A35 at USD$20.99, AND Cessna 441 Conquest ll for USD$17.49 and not purchase the GTN 650/750 and wait to see what 2018 brings. 

I just bought both of these planes myself.  I've taken the Lear up for a couple of flights and I can definitely say it is well worth it!  Especially at the sale price.  But it would be worth it at full price too.  Definitely waaaayyyyy better than anything you can buy from Carenado!!!

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

57 minutes ago, por930 said:

Any of the Biz jets with the GTN 750 mod installed support Vector/Jet airways and SIDS/STARS. The P3D v4 of the Flight1 King Air and Mustang when released will also support vector airways in their G1000.

Also some nice LUA scripts available for the FSW Lear35 which helps with cockpit management.

Cheers

Martin

13 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

vector airways in their G1000

Only vector airways?? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

2 hours ago, klamal said:

I just bought both of these planes myself.  I've taken the Lear up for a couple of flights and I can definitely say it is well worth it!  Especially at the sale price.  But it would be worth it at full price too.  Definitely waaaayyyyy better than anything you can buy from Carenado!!!

Did you get(or have) the Flight1 GTN650/750? How did you create your flight plan?

I almost got the carando EMB 505 Phenom 300 and the Navigraph package. Unfortunately, I was very busy while the sale was on and by the time i remembered, the sale over. So, either pay up or wait until next December... 

Geoff Bryce

3 hours ago, por930 said:

It seems that the flight sim Biz Jet world has not progressed as the commercial jet world as far as "quality", meaning PMDG/FSL standard. Some nice looking biz jets out there; just their systems seem to let them down. As I have FSX and P3Dv4, maybe 2018 will improve the supply?

I was very very tempted to buy during the Carando sale, but due to lots of, "looks pretty, but systems only fair", turned me off...again.

I just saw that Flysimware has a sale at present for their Learjet A35 at USD$20.99, with the option to update with the Flight1 GTN 650/750 Garmin, but at a whoping USD$64.95.

Also see the Extreme Prototype Learjet A25 at USD$49.95, again with the option to update the G500 with the Flight1 GTN 650/750. Both the A35 and the A25 seem pretty good aircraft!

There are issues with not being able to update the AIRAC economically from Garmin though I did read that Navigraph are able to be used in certain circumstances with one aircraft?

I suppose this means if the AIRAC is out of date, then the flight plan needs to be created from what ever NavAids are about and all SIDS/STARS need to be built manually best you can.

I was also looking at the Flight1 Kingair, as this comes with the G1000, but, as I have P3Dv4, I will need to wait until it is released some time in 2018, maybe for at least USD$54.95 Flysimware sale have their Cessna 441 Conquest ll for USD$17.49, with the GTN 650/750 Flight1 option to update. 

Decisions decisions.....maybe for me, I will go with the Flysimware Learjet A35 at USD$20.99, AND Cessna 441 Conquest ll for USD$17.49 and not purchase the GTN 650/750 and wait to see what 2018 brings. 

It's funny, I just posted about bizzies in the forums a few days ago, interesting topic. For 32 bit sims, from what people in my thread recommended, can't go wrong with either lears or Eaglesoft Citation X