Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

What's the best business jet for P3D mid 2017?

27 minutes ago, Goalie70 said:

It's funny, I just posted about bizzies in the forums a few days ago, interesting topic. For 32 bit sims, from what people in my thread recommended, can't go wrong with either lears or Eaglesoft Citation X

Yeah, for the 32 bit sims, you still have a lot of choice, though some are a little dodgy. Eaglesoft are still building their 64 bit version. And yes, maybe while waiting for a "good" 64 bit, biz jet, the Lears maybe the bees knees..

Geoff Bryce

3 minutes ago, por930 said:

Yeah, for the 32 bit sims, you still have a lot of choice, though some are a little dodgy. Eaglesoft are still building their 64 bit version. And yes, maybe while waiting for a "good" 64 bit, biz jet, the Lears maybe the bees knees..

Yeah, I heard someone mention a while back about FSW upgraded textures from someone named Paul? Is this true, or am I going insane.

2 hours ago, por930 said:

Did you get(or have) the Flight1 GTN650/750? How did you create your flight plan?

I almost got the carando EMB 505 Phenom 300 and the Navigraph package. Unfortunately, I was very busy while the sale was on and by the time i remembered, the sale over. So, either pay up or wait until next December... 

I already had the Flight1 GTN750. I created my flight plan with PFPX. Then manually entered into the GTN.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

OK guys, it is December...hopefully, Carando will be having their annual Xmas sale. This time I want to get better prepared and a tad more knowledgeably whats out there for P3Dv4.

My plan at this stage is the Carando Phenom 300 with F1 GTN and Berts mods... I do not fly online., but want as realistic as possible control of SIDS/STARS and flight plan creation. How does the Premier 1 +F1 GTN stack up against the Phenom 300? 

Being an old sod, I may not be alive waiting for the Eaglesoft to come to the table

Edited by por930
later thought

Geoff Bryce

Just like Walmart,What I have observed, Carenado sales usually don't include recent or popular releases. But what they do have is appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Just like Walmart,What I have observed, Carenado sales usually don't include recent or popular releases. But what they do have is appreciated.

Agree, it is a shame Flight1 and the other companies do not get the Christmas spirit. Maybe their discount maybe enough to tip you over the edge for the sale...

Geoff Bryce

Phenom getting somewhat dated, it may be included. Never new releases, or the last yr though it seems. Year or two ago I loaded up on Carenado Xplane aircraft at 1/2 price or even like 0.05.

Edited by Adrian123

1 hour ago, por930 said:

"Being an old sod, I may not be alive waiting for the Eaglesoft to come to the table"

Some may have missed this from our FB Page:
"Recent improvements in process and coding, along with new and competent beta test access allow us to at least consider the possibility of offering Citation XLS+ RTM for either Generation Three, 32 Bit Simulation Platforms such as FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, and P3DV3 or Generation Four, 64 Bit Simulation Platform such as P3DV4.

This would allow customer choice of Platform Specific Versions. More on this as final determinations are made."
🤔
Edited by N400QW

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks for the reply Ron. The flight sim community, sort of like a kid, "Are we there yet".....

Great to see it is still happening though. With a/c that are seriously modeled, we get used to the detail, and to step back into a 'pretty' a/c without the systems to support it is quite a disappointment.  

Geoff Bryce

4 minutes ago, por930 said:

Thanks for the reply Ron. The flight sim community, sort of like a kid, "Are we there yet".....

Great to see it is still happening though. With a/c that are seriously modeled, we get used to the detail, and to step back into a 'pretty' a/c without the systems to support it is quite a disappointment.  

Understood Geoff, we've grown used to the demands of folks "wanting it now" attitudes. We do believe that all will be "worth the wait" when they are delivered.😎

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

9 minutes ago, N400QW said:

Understood Geoff, we've grown used to the demands of folks "wanting it now" attitudes. We do believe that all will be "worth the wait" when they are delivered.😎

The issue is Ron, people maybe on limited budgets, so it sort of goes like, Shall I wait for the great Eaglesoft a/c which maybe several weeks/months/years away, or use my funds for the what is available now. If and when the better a/c arrives, start the budget process again.

I appreciate your issues though. Even with the best planning and delivery, things go wrong, some times seriously and lead times move due to module rebuilds etc.and it happens when it happens. You guys are in the cash flow business. The last thing you want is to not deliver an item for the current demands. 

What must cause you developers further issues, is the different platforms you need to decide what to support. The tried and trusted 32 bit FSX etc or the later 64 bit P3Dv4.4> or Xplane..

Ya rolls ya dice    

Geoff Bryce

1 hour ago, por930 said:

OK guys, it is December...hopefully, Carando will be having their annual Xmas sale. This time I want to get better prepared and a tad more knowledgeably whats out there for P3Dv4.

My plan at this stage is the Carando Phenom 300 with F1 GTN and Berts mods... I do not fly online., but want as realistic as possible control of SIDS/STARS and flight plan creation. How does the Premier 1 +F1 GTN stack up against the Phenom 300? 

Being an old sod, I may not be alive waiting for the Eaglesoft to come to the table

All three Carenado bizjets (with a GTN750 modification), Hawker, Phenom 300, Premier are very enjoyable.. The cockpit avionics are different and you may like one over the other..

One bizjet that comes with GTN integration standard is the S550 Citation.. :wink:

Interesting airplane also.. your choice..

Bert

12 minutes ago, por930 said:

The issue is Ron, people maybe on limited budgets, so it sort of goes like, Shall I wait for the great Eaglesoft a/c which maybe several weeks/months/years away, or use my funds for the what is available now. If and when the better a/c arrives, start the budget process again.

I appreciate your issues though. Even with the best planning and delivery, things go wrong, some times seriously and lead times move due to module rebuilds etc.and it happens when it happens. You guys are in the cash flow business. The last thing you want is to not deliver an item for the current demands. 

What must cause you developers further issues, is the different platforms you need to decide what to support. The tried and trusted 32 bit FSX etc or the later 64 bit P3Dv4.4> or Xplane..

Ya rolls ya dice    

Ha ha, we've long understood the "limited funds" aspects of the hobby. We can only say that folks should have what they want when they can afford it. We think that enthusiasts should enjoy their hobby to the full regardless of where they fall on economic scale.😎

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

47 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

All three Carenado bizjets (with a GTN750 modification), Hawker, Phenom 300, Premier are very enjoyable.. The cockpit avionics are different and you may like one over the other..

One bizjet that comes with GTN integration standard is the S550 Citation.. :wink:

Interesting airplane also.. your choice..

Thanks Bert. I recall latish in December 2017 doing this research, and it seems we, the hobby, have not moved on greatly with new choices in the P3Dv4 Bizjet world.

So, all four of the above, with the GTN modification, are considerably better than stock purchase. I seem to recall an issue about AIRAC updates not being possible? That said, I just saw this site which maybe part of the AIRAC answer.  http://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html 

Geoff Bryce