Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

What's the best business jet for P3D mid 2017?

I've been playing around with the thought of getting a fun business jet after spending all my time in the NGX simulating real world OPS for many years and was just about to ask what good options there are for business jets now in mid 2017.

I know real good business jets have been hard to find for many years compared to most other types of aircraft. I find this strange why developers don't invest more resources into this area considering the huge amount of people who has showed interest for as long as I can remember myself included.

What I'm after is a business jet a la PMDG style that both looks really good inside and out but that also comes with all the working systems found in its real world counterpart. Since I do all my flying online on VATSIM it also needs to support using the latest NAV data, come with an autopilot able to correctly and realistically follow SIDs, STARs, transitions, holdings etc etc. Think the NGX or a similar model but in form of a business jet.

Any ideas?

Richard Åsberg

Nothing at all to the level of the NGX, Eaglesoft have a few arriving soon but Eaglesofts version of soon might be different to most folks understanding of "soon"

Milviz have a Lear on the way but I suspect we may see P3D V5 sooner.

OK, apparently nothing changed in this arena...too bad.

Richard Åsberg

Ha I think we have a thread every few weeks on this topic.  The demand is high but the supply is low.  Especially if you're looking for new glass cockpits.  I recommend the FSW Lear 35 or xtreme prototypes Lear 25 both can accept GTN 750

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah, again I find it really strange why there isn't a bigger interest from the developers.

Clearly this is an area where they could make a lot of money and could have for many years considering the interest and at the same time the lack of good options.

Richard Åsberg

I have the Carenado Hawker 850xp.  Ya its no where near the pmdg level but is a very accurate model of the plane.  My dad worked on the the 700 and 800's for 20 years and he even says it a very accurate simulation of the plane

6 minutes ago, ooxteme said:

I have the Carenado Hawker 850xp.  Ya its no where near the pmdg level but is a very accurate model of the plane.  My dad worked on the the 700 and 800's for 20 years and he even says it a very accurate simulation of the plane

Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

Richard Åsberg

Depends on what version of P3D you are talking about. If it's v4 then there is nothing close to PMDG. 

Since holding, SID, and STARs are part of your requirement then that basically throws out everything that Carenado and Alabeo make. They have yet to make their Navigraph for v4 and even if they do the avionics are simplistic. There are known issues with Direct To and Holding.

The Lear 35 is nice, but not glass. Even with the GTN750 the GTN does not read altitude from the sim and thus is incapable of doing conditional waypoints such as track or heading to altitude found on many SIDs.

ESDG is working on a Citation XLS and a Challenger. However, last I read they are not doing P3D v4. 

MILVIZ is working on the B350, not a jet, but it has been delayed for a long time. Last information is it is still far from complete. The LJ60 and P.180 will be after the B350.

The bottom line is if you are looking for PMDG in the Biz Jet community it does not exist.

Thanks for the input Ken.

What you write is spot on what I'm looking for that apparently still doesn't exist so guess I'll just continue to fly my trustworthy NGX hoping we'll one day see a business jet full-filling my as well as many others needs and wishes.

I wish I was a coder with the right resources and skills and I would develop the aircraft we all want myself and become rich at the same time :D

Richard Åsberg

Until Eaglesoft produce their next generation of biz jets  - the Carenado Ciation 525a CJ2 with 'mod squad' upgrades including GTN750 is pretty nice and glass. See video 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Thanks, does it also work in P3Dv4?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, Dean33 said:

Until Eaglesoft produce their next generation of biz jets  - the Carenado Ciation 525a CJ2 with 'mod squad' upgrades including GTN750 is pretty nice and glass. See video 

Thanks, will check it out. 

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, KenG said:

Depends on what version of P3D you are talking about. If it's v4 then there is nothing close to PMDG. 

Since holding, SID, and STARs are part of your requirement then that basically throws out everything that Carenado and Alabeo make. They have yet to make their Navigraph for v4 and even if they do the avionics are simplistic. There are known issues with Direct To and Holding.

The Lear 35 is nice, but not glass. Even with the GTN750 the GTN does not read altitude from the sim and thus is incapable of doing conditional waypoints such as track or heading to altitude found on many SIDs.

ESDG is working on a Citation XLS and a Challenger. However, last I read they are not doing P3D v4. 

MILVIZ is working on the B350, not a jet, but it has been delayed for a long time. Last information is it is still far from complete. The LJ60 and P.180 will be after the B350.

The bottom line is if you are looking for PMDG in the Biz Jet community it does not exist.

ES is for sure NOT doing P3D v4? I heard they were doing FSX then P3D later - has that changed?  If so that's terrible - FSX is dead and ancient

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Last I read they are doing 32 bit. 64-bit variant may be looked at in the future.

That being said I rarely visit their forums anymore. So there may be newer info.

I would suspect that ESDG will do x64 sooner or later given that I've already updated the custom sound module for x64.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator