Sign in to follow this  
ClearedtoLand

Why I need Steve's number

The very gifted Steve Drabek recently showcased the consequences of insufficient planning for stormy weather, and was given a number to call for those who don't quite do flying just right. He was kind enough to promise to pass that number on to me, I just wanted to show him why I think I should also have that number. I would discuss it with my instructor, but, they are, understandably, hard to come by now.

Steve, if you're reading this, you have nothing to feel bad about, you have followed the old aviation guideline of landing at least as many times as you have taken off ... that is not true for all of us :blush:

UhpetUQ.jpg

Edited by ClearedtoLand
Sentences make more sense when they contain all the words that go into expressing a thought

Nothing a little visit to the prop shop can't fix,  bendy! oh so bendy!

• Upvote 1

I kind of like the way your prop is now...if you like Sushi....that prop will create a beautiful presentation....

...you always want your sushi, cut thin....:)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jethro said:

Nothing a little visit to the prop shop can't fix,  bendy! oh so bendy!

11 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I kind of like the way your prop is now...if you like Sushi....that prop will create a beautiful presentation....

...you always want your sushi, cut thin....:)

Ah, thanks guys, I appreciate the reassurance. I guess if the flying doesn't work out, I am in a good position to open a sushi restaurant :biggrin:

On 8/19/2017 at 4:56 AM, ClearedtoLand said:

The very gifted Steve Drabek recently showcased the consequences of insufficient planning for stormy weather, and was given a number to call for those who don't quite do flying just right. He was kind enough to promise to pass that number on to me, I just wanted to show him why I think I should also have that number. I would discuss it with my instructor, but, they are, understandably, hard to come by now.

Steve, if you're reading this, you have nothing to feel bad about, you have followed the old aviation guideline of landing at least as many times as you have taken off ... that is not true for all of us :blush:

Hey Francois,

That number was actually for the FAA to report my violation of the flight plan (KBOS not my filed divert airfield.):blink:

Brian offered it to be because is always making sure I fly by the rules, and he should know being actual flight-crew on the 747.  It's only fitting since I give him reciprocal grief on his painting (which is fantastic with his latest FedEx 747)

As for the bent prop...I can touch up the paint you scraped off...but the modeler will have to do the un-bending, hehe.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Francois,

That number was actually for the FAA to report my violation of the flight plan (KBOS not my filed divert airfield.):blink:

Brian offered it to be because is always making sure I fly by the rules, and he should know being actual flight-crew on the 747.  It's only fitting since I give him reciprocal grief on his painting (which is fantastic with his latest FedEx 747)

As for the bent prop...I can touch up the paint you scraped off...but the modeler will have to do the un-bending, hehe.

Yeah, thing about that crash is that it happened in low visibility at Inhambane in Mozambique ... I didn't file a divert airfield either :blush:. Well, that along with several other violations of the rules on that particular day. Though, if the FAA never finds out about this, it would probably not be a bad thing for me.

I appreciate the offer to repaint my wreck, hopefully the modeller doesn't take this kind of abuse of his creation personally, I love my little Cessna, though it may not be obvious from that picture.

BiNJLXC.jpg

6 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

It's only fitting since I give him reciprocal grief on his painting (which is fantastic with his latest FedEx 747)

I'm going to have to start paying you for advertisements!

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

3 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

I'm going to have to start paying you for advertisements!

Well, this seems to be a good arrangement ... cough cough commission cough.