Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

New GTN Complete package - benefits of having both?

I have been using the Flight1 GTN750 in FSX for some years now and I love it. I chose the 750 rather than the 650 simply because of its larger screen size and the fact that the 650 (as far as I know) doesn't include charts. Recently however I note that Flight1 have released an updated package called GTN Complete which includes both the 650 and 750, with a reasonable update price for previous owners and I have been considering getting it. Apart from the fact that the 650 because of its smaller size offers the chance to integrate into some VCs where the 750 simply wouldn't fit, I just wondered if there are any other benefits to having both? I have seen some screenshots of VCs with both the 650 and 750 installed on the same aircraft but I am curious as to whether this confers any functional advantage over just using one of the GTNs?

Bill

Other than being smaller, not really.  Some of the addons may have integration for a 650 and a 750 - which would be nice to display other variables like wind, GS, etc - but that's all I can think of.  My favorite setup is the RA Legacy with dual 750's!

edit:  one other possibility I thought of - using a 650 only may be more realistic in a smaller GA like a2a cessna etc - so you may prefer that if you strive for realism

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

An other possibility also is the A2A's Connie and Texan accept only the 650 ! Btw frankly at this price...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

27 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

An other possibility also is the A2A's Connie and Texan accept only the 650 ! Btw frankly at this price...

Regards,

I have the A2A Connie but that is one aircraft I prefer to fly without any reference to modern navigation aids! I take your point about the price though!

Bill

10 minutes ago, scianoir said:

I have the A2A Connie but that is one aircraft I prefer to fly without any reference to modern navigation aids! I take your point about the price though!

Bill

Yes me too sometimes...:gaul: Add to that that if you switch one of these days on P3Dv(x), the new Gtn version is compatible with several sims ... for the same price.

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:17 PM, scianoir said:

Bill

+1

Ahhh--the joys of dialing in VOR/ADF frequencies, setting the OBS track, the sound in my ear when the beacon nears--for me it's way more fun than flying the magenta line !

• Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

If you have the Carenado B58 Baron, it will only take 2X650.. the Bonanza 1X650..

If the 750 fits in the panel, I would install it, but it does not always fit..

• Upvote 1

Bert

23 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you have the Carenado B58 Baron, it will only take 2X650.. the Bonanza 1X650..

If the 750 fits in the panel, I would install it, but it does not always fit..

Yes I have both the Bonanza and Baron so it would be good to have a GTN that fits in the VC. If I have an integrated 650 in the panel, I assume it is possible to still use a 750 in a 2D window if I want Bert? I was thinking I could use the 750 for the map or chart display and use the 650 to display other pages.

Bill

44 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Yes I have both the Bonanza and Baron so it would be good to have a GTN that fits in the VC. If I have an integrated 650 in the panel, I assume it is possible to still use a 750 in a 2D window if I want Bert? I was thinking I could use the 750 for the map or chart display and use the 650 to display other pages.

Bill

You can, but be aware that the two units do not (presently) talk to each other..

Bert

Thanks! I guess one option therefore would be to set both up with the same flight plan if I did want to use both in the same aircraft.

Bill

Possibly a silly question - I have decided to purchase the GTN Complete package but I just wondered if I will need to uninstall my existing GTN750 before installing GTN Complete and will it be necessary to set it all up again (I have a lot of addon aircraft and also stored flight plans on my existing 750)?

Bill

5 hours ago, scianoir said:

Possibly a silly question - I have decided to purchase the GTN Complete package but I just wondered if I will need to uninstall my existing GTN750 before installing GTN Complete and will it be necessary to set it all up again (I have a lot of addon aircraft and also stored flight plans on my existing 750)?

Bill

If you already have the latest Garmin Trainer (6.21) installed, nothing should change.  Just do not reinstall the Trainer!

If you have an older GTN Trainer version, you will lose your flightplans, but all your addon aircraft should be fine.

• Upvote 1

Bert