Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Saitek Yoke problem in P3Dv4

I have posted this issue in the Hardware & Operating Systems Discussions section of Avsim, but decided to post it here also, as the issue only affects my system when operating in P3Dv4, so it may be a P3D issue rather than a hardware issue.

I have been using all of my Saitek controllers -- Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals, and Trim wheel -- in P3Dv4 for several days now, then suddenly I started the sim and noticed that the Hat Top switch -- which I have set to VIEW SCROLL -- only works scrolling up, but not down, right or left. So the Hat Top works, but only partially. I thought there might be a problem in the controller hardware contacts, so I loaded P3Dv3 to see if I had the same failure there. But surprisingly, the switch worked as it should. So it formerly worked ok in P3Dv4, but now works only partially in v4, but perfectly in v3. The only changes in that time is that I have been gradually installing Orbx and UK2000 scenery into v4. Any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

Thanks

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Okay, I already seem to have the answer to the issue, but I certainly don't understand it. The last scenery I installed was Orbx's LOWI Innsbruck airport. I uninstalled it, and this fixed the problem???? Could this possibly have been the issue? I will post on Orbx's site to see if others have had the problem.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Spoke too soon. The problem has returned just as before, even without LOWI uninstalled. But the controller works fine in P3Dv3? Anyone have any ideas?

Tnanks

Use the Windows software to test each switch. Control Panel - Devices and Printers. Highlight the Pro Yoke and right-click, Game Controller settings. Select Pro Yoke - Properties.

If each button works there then it's definitely a P3D v4 issue. If you go into P3D Controls - Buttons and Keys find a blank command (no button assigned) and assign each of the 8 hat switches to it one at a time. If there's a conflict the software will tell you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Same problem here, my Saitek hat and my Microsoft sindewinder Hat does not work after a new install of P3Dv4. Worked fine till yesterday. Any ideas how to fix it? In windows everything works fine as Ray advised to check. In Also checked in FSW (Steam) and is working fine, but not in P3Dv4.

3 hours ago, wim2000 said:

Same problem here, my Saitek hat and my Microsoft sindewinder Hat does not work after a new install of P3Dv4. Worked fine till yesterday. Any ideas how to fix it? In windows everything works fine as Ray advised to check. In Also checked in FSW (Steam) and is working fine, but not in P3Dv4.

Well mine works now, and I was able to get it working correctly soon after my August post. Unfortunately I now do not remember how I got it fixed! I think I did a full re-install of P3Dv4, but don't remember for sure.

5 hours ago, wim2000 said:

Delete the p3g.cfg and let it build a new one. You could also configure it via FSUIPC assuming you have the purchased version.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi folks, I had exactly the same problem describe. I removed/erase the file prepar3d.cfg (please notice the name has chaged) from the location C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, and it works.

Thanks for your support.